• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Juggling Work and University Commitment (1 Viewer)

LadyLaLa

HSC
Well... I'm actually very excited to work when I finish my HSC and continue to throughout uni. Has anyone done this and is fine with it? Any recommendations? And while you're at it... (If you can share) Where do you work at and how many hours do you do per week?

I'm planning to work in retail such as Target, Big W or even Myer... But if all fails Woolworth seems good :D

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Lots of people do it, obviously I am not in uni.

BUt my sister works and goes to uni. It is all about balance.

FYI I work for BIG W and it is pretty good. Very easy to balance with school (I mean very easy). With retail, obviously if your a casual you have no fixed hours, hence give plenty of warning before you need time off.

For example, in BIG W, we just fill in a form three weeks before we want a week or so off (or even a fwe days) and slid it in the cash office and done!

Too easy

LadyLaLa

HSC
Oooh Do you work at the cashier? I was interested in working at my local Big W but it seems so quiet and boring... Is it ever busy?

kugzs

HSC
I've worked in an office environment all through uni. Obviously, getting experience is a good thing, but it also has its downsides: less opportunities to make contacts at uni, often needing to miss classes.

There are other options that are more uni/life friendly. Tutoring, www.lastminutejobs.com.au etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)