Julius Caesar Assesment... HELP PLEASE!!! (1 Viewer)

medicated-fairy

HSC
I've been given an assesment on Julius Caesar and the Gallic War, and i haven't been able to find much information on a few of the questions at all...
If anyone can give me any information at all on the questions below it would be much appreciated :)
Thanks!

1. Outline Caesar's motivation for going to war against the Gauls

2. Why was Caesar so successful in his campaign against the Gauls?

3. How useful is Julius Caesars "the gallic wars" as a source for a historian studying Caesars career?

Thanks guys!

BOSS"06"

HSC
i can give u some brief points:
1) he went for military glory
2) he wasnt a big shot in the senate, so he got more experience and resources so he can then later return to Rome with the resources he had earned from Gaul.
3) large sum of wealth in transalpine and cisalpine Gaul, Illyricum. Also he could sell some Gallic tribes as slaves enhancing his revenue
4) he could later recruit gallic militia for his upcoming wars
5) Gaul was the largest area that was ever captured in Roman history
HOPE IT HELPS!!!
if not go to the resources section of bored of studies, go to ancient history, fall of rome and search for "Gaul"

dandel26

HSC
1. Outline Caesar's motivation for going to war against the Gauls
To build Caesar's dignitas, auctoritas, wealth, loyalty of an army, clientèle

2. Why was Caesar so successful in his campaign against the Gauls?
Strategy (divide and conquer), mobility of his forces, military technology (siege of Alessia) and his ability to learn from his mistakes (when an entire cohort was annihilated in Belgium, can't remember the battle)

3. How useful is Julius Caesars "the gallic wars" as a source for a historian studying Caesars career?
Very useful cause it explains most if not all of all of Caesar's successes later in his life and gives an explaination as to the fall of the Roman Republic

Just remember to quote lots!!!

Theres shit loads of info out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)