Julius Caesar (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, I bet nobody is going to reply

Anyway, who is doing JC for Powerplay, and who is going to go watch a production for it.

We are, I don't think there's any point to it though.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh i'm doing that, and the bell shakespeare company people came to our school before we started the module. it was quite good, they only performed bits from the play.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I did Julius Caesar for the 2001 HSC and say the play at the Opera House. Pretty useless considering the actors themselves (at question time) had no idea how to answer the questions the students posed. Heh.

Auron

My class was supposed to go to a reading but we cancelled cos it no one wanted to go to it. Frankly, it sounded really boring.

JC is still a good topic for powerplay, i enjoy it.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You said in the other thread, you used "Who shot Mr Burns" for powerplay? How does that relate?

Auron

"Who shot Mr Burns" demonstrates the power Mr Burns wants. In obtaining the oil from the elementary school he gains a financial profit and therefore more power. He then wants more power when he decides to block out the sun forcing people to use more electricity - the electricity he provides. He therefore maintains a powerful position in Springfield until he is shot. There are more in depth methods I used but that will just give you the gist of it.

tieki

We're doing JC, but not going to see a show for it though...we did watch the BBC TV version, and it was pretty boring... :p

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
The Bell Shakespeare company came to our school and did a production called "The Power and the Passion" it was JC Macbeth and Othello.. it was so awesome!!!i still wanna go to a production though that would be soo ooooooo good...... powerplay has been the best unit... were using 1984 as a supplementary text....

what has everyone else used????

did anyone look at the film "Wag the dog"?
it was good too.. what did u think of that???

~Princess~

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeh, we were shown Wag the Dog at school, but apparantly the markers complain that it's overused, so I'm trying to avoid that and be original. My related texts are 1) "Falling Leaves" by Adeline Yen Mah (an autobiography; social and personal powerplay between protagonist and family) and 2) a cartoon. Haven't decided which one yet though.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I just picked up two speeches on the day of modules :D, althought I don't think I did overly well in that module :(

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
Yeh, we were shown Wag the Dog at school, but apparantly the markers complain that it's overused, so I'm trying to avoid that and be original. My related texts are 1) "Falling Leaves" by Adeline Yen Mah (an autobiography; social and personal powerplay between protagonist and family) and 2) a cartoon. Haven't decided which one yet though.
really?? thanks for that.. i will try to avoid using it........

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
What about animal farm??? I've seen quite a few people use it but surely the markers won't give you less just because there are lots of other people using it?

I've seen Wag the Dog and it is a good text. I understand what your saying about how they can complain for it being overused, but surely they would still give you the marks if you meet the criteria...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yes that is true, nevertheless I would avoid using it, because an individualistic text that the markers haven't seen yet would grab their attention, i guess.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Hey, I just found out that I can't use King's 'I have a dream' speech... apparently its part of another elective... thankgod one of my friends picked that out when they were checking my essay... funny how i've given it to 4 teachers and none of them picked it up... hmmm... :rolleyes:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
My related texts are 1) "Falling Leaves" by Adeline Yen Mah (an autobiography; social and personal powerplay between protagonist and family)
that's the text that I have used for Changing Worlds and my Change speech, got me full marks twice. Stuffed it up for the trial though :(

my paper 1 question 3 is my worst :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)