• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

july 28 right to be born rally (2 Viewers)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
conservative philosophy: life for the unborn. death for the born.
I don't get your second part, I'm not a capital punishment fan, no offense I'd rather have a woman go through 8 months of discomfort due to her own action than to see an innocent person suffer for it. Call it logic ..

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
so a male should have absolutely no say as to what happens to their child. even in terms of just discussing it broadly as a social issue. you suck.
Well, ok I worded it wrong. I meant males should have no say in the decision making whether or not abortion should be legal or illegal. We males will never be able to truly comprehend pregnancy so how can we give a proper opinion on the matter?

If the woman didn't want the child and the man did, well she has more say in the matter as she's the one who has to go through all that change in lifestyle and all the pain.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
i prob shudnt have quoted you before saying that. its just a general comment on the contradictory conservative views of SOME ppl.
Capital punishment has supporters and opponents across the entire political spectrum.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
I would've thought anti-abortionists would also be anti-capital punishment too?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
What am I then?
Ideologically inconsistent.
zimmerman8k said:
look at current right wing leaders ie. Howard, Bush. They are considered right wing yet have been intrumental in introducing anti-terrorism legislation and sedition laws that restrict individual freedom.

I think the aforementioned website makes sense of the distinction between economic and social conservatism. Since this is a social issue it is entirely accurate to say that in this case the right wing is trying to restrict individual freedom, while the left is preaching individualism.
My view is that to lump socially conservative ideas with economically liberal ones is a very poor way to define "right", because their approaches to situations are diametrically opposed. For example a free marketeer would tell you that drugs should be completely legalised because this is interfering with consumer choice, while a social conservative would tell you they should not be legal because they are damaging to society. For one to say they are both socially conservative and in favour of a free market is entirely fallacious, and so to be consistent we must define "right" as individualist, and "left" as collectivist.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
A bit rich coming from someone with the blood of 200 million innocents on his hands, don't you think?

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
A bit rich coming from someone with the blood of 200 million innocents on his hands, don't you think?
rich. like the gold stanrard

Code:
~*~*~*~RoN pAuL 2oo8~*~*~*~
      ~*~*~*~4~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~pReSiDenT~*~*~*~

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Why does the government need to control currency in the first place?

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Because you can be like China and milk an undervalued currency for all its worth.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
libertarianism is immoral because it places an unjustifiable overemphasis on property rights above all other rights :mad::chainsaw::bomb:

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
umop 3pisdn said:
libertarianism is immoral because it places an unjustifiable overemphasis on property rights above all other rights :mad::chainsaw::bomb:
if a nigga steps on my property and u saying i shouldnt be able to shoot him

you disgust me

(i will then sell his organs with prices determined by the free market)

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Karl Marx said:
if a nigga steps on my property and u saying i shouldnt be able to shoot him

you disgust me

(i will then sell his organs with prices determined by the free market)
Coons are technically a form of wild game.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
You should be able to have an abortion wthout any reasons

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
Nope

What stance is that? That somehow straight white males everywhere deserve to get 90% of the income diverted to everyone else? LOL

Radical social causes have nothing to do with indavidual freedom, you can't take away something someone doesen't have.
a) if a guy didn't bother to wear a condom, then he loses right to have a moral stance on the female's body

b) 90% ? unlikely. But the fact remains that the world is an unequal place and those in the position to help should do so (imo) to help make it more equal.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Ennaybur said:
b) 90% ? unlikely. But the fact remains that the world is an unequal place and those in the position to help should do so (imo) to help make it more equal.
They should do it, if those afflicted are in absolute poverty not of their own making, but it should be done by private charity rather than through threats of violence. The fact is that the woman has an out clause, and in the interests of equality before the law (the most important kind) a man should be able to sign a piece of paper while it's still possible to have an abortion saying that he doesn't want anything to do with the child and won't be forced to pay child support if she chooses to continue with the pregnancy.

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
Why does the government need to control currency in the first place?
yes. we should just barter. i will trade you two metres of rope for a packet of crisps.

deal???

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Karl Marx said:
yes. we should just barter. i will trade you two metres of rope for a packet of crisps.

deal???
Yeah, because for something to exist it has to be created by the State?

Moron.

EDIT: Private currency was quite well used prior to the Bank Notes Act 1910.

Last edited:

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Yeah, because for something to exist it has to be created by the State?

Moron.

EDIT: Private currency was quite well used prior to the Bank Notes Act 1910.
yes, i'm sure by 1910's standard private currency was quite delighful however i would like to welcome you to 2007

taxes are a fraud see from freedom 2 facism!! sixteenth amendment was never ratified!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)