• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Junk Food can't be stopped (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Side note, somewhat related to what Dom said.

Does anybody remember what it was like as a kid? i was never particularly swayed by ads in terms of junk food, but it had more to do with what my friends were eating.
Adverts did influence a bit. Like, I remember wanting roll ups so I could cut shapes out of them and stick them on my face...

It'd be interesting to see the results of those 'candy free' check outs that Woollies and Coles have implemented....
This. Although, I wouldn't be able to say for sure that watching junk food ads didn't influence me to nag mum when I saw said junk food at the checkout, but eh. My parents weren't afraid of discipline, I learnt very quickly that being an annoying brat = public humiliation in Coles. More parents probably need to do this.

I think it really comes down to the parenting. My parents raised my sister and I to eat properly and hardly ever gave in to nagging. Junk food advertising goes largely unnoticed in this house as a result. If parents grow a bigger backbone when it comes to their kids it shouldn't matter that the stuff is advertised a lot, IMO.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
We barely ever had junk food at home. If we wanted a snack, we were told to get some fruit or make a sandwich.

Somehow we survived and none of us are obese :spzz:

asdfpoiu

HSC
It'd be interesting to see the results of those 'candy free' check outs that Woollies and Coles have implemented....
they fail
i've bought an armload of chips and chocolates at one of those check outs... my friend who works as a check out chick at coles doesn't even know they exist

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
It's up to the fucking parents, that's why.

IF the parents aren't healthy eaters, the children won't be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)