Just a Query (1 Viewer)

Tom2nv

HSC
hey i was just wondering say if you are ranked number one at your school and the teacher sends in say a internal mark of 70 and another person at another school is first with a internal mark of 90 sent in but come hsc time they both receive the same external mark lets say 94 does that 20 mark difference in the internal mark sent in hav any effect on the internal hsc mark they shall receive if say 94 was the highest for both kids at their respective schools. Any help is appreciated cheers.

HSC
Yep it is assumed that the person with 70 sat much harder tests than the person who got 90 in a different school.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The UAI is designed to be as fair as possible.

This rules out the scenario where if you're a "James-Ruse" type student, and you go to some "un-named school" with a bunch of people who may not be as academically smart as you are, and you get first place to the alternative student who takes much harder exams in Selective schools for example.

It is mainly based upon your Ranking.

Tom2nv

HSC
Ok thankyou so does that mean if the highest in both schools was in fact 94 the overall mark you would receive for the subject would be 94 provided both the individuals got 94 for their external mark. Though i spoke to my friend who completed his hsc last year he said his internal mark he got 85 though he was ranked number one and received 93 externally. Now from wat u guys have been saying this couldn't be possible, maybe i mixed up the figures. Anyways appreciate any suggestions.

P

pLuvia

The internal marks have barely any relation to your MODERATED assessment mark. Your external mark and the external marks of others contributes to your moderated assessment mark.

So even if he did get 85 in school, that mark isn't moderated assessment mark. If he received 93 externally that means he scored 93 in the HSC exam, and if that was the highest he should have got 93 for his moderated assessment mark hence a HSC mark os 93. That 85 is the mark which placed him first in the school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)