Just a question about my abysmal Math mark... (1 Viewer)

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
So I've come to the conclusion that math just isn't something that I will EVER be any good at, a fact which hasn't stopped me from attempting 2 unit. My problem is I am doing really bad in Math right now and wanted to find out just how badly that might effect my poor ATAR.

Anyway, I do 11 units (4 units English, 3 units Modern History, Art and Math) and I'm doing pretty well in all my other subjects (ranging from 96 average in modern to 41(out of 50) for extension History - but I'm absolutely bombing math. And when i say bombing, I mean although I got 80 and 94 for my assessments, for my trials and half-yearlys (the one's that matter) i got 48%.

:angry:

My question is, assuming my other marks don't differ much and i get an equally gross mark in the HSC for math, how badly might that affect my ATAR?

*phew* This is stressing me out.

boxhunter91

HSC
You need to keep practicing past papers. That is the only way your gonna bump up your mark. Well your extension history might save you considering you hammer that. Just keep doing more work. Im sure you can pick it up.

sam5

HSC
So I've come to the conclusion that math just isn't something that I will EVER be any good at, a fact which hasn't stopped me from attempting 2 unit. My problem is I am doing really bad in Math right now and wanted to find out just how badly that might effect my poor ATAR.​

Anyway, I do 11 units (4 units English, 3 units Modern History, Art and Math) and I'm doing pretty well in all my other subjects (ranging from 96 average in modern to 41(out of 50) for extension History - but I'm absolutely bombing math. And when i say bombing, I mean although I got 80 and 94 for my assessments, for my trials and half-yearlys (the one's that matter) i got 48%.​

:angry:​

My question is, assuming my other marks don't differ much and i get an equally gross mark in the HSC for math, how badly might that affect my ATAR?​

*phew* This is stressing me out.​
Will u stop being a stupid american and calling it 'math' rather than 'maths'?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Just keep practicing, find your weeknesses and work on them, topic by topic :)

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
It is good advice and I do, Maths is just one of those subjects with me that just don't stick... I guess it's just because I do so many essay subjects. :D thanks though, it's almost over!

sam5

HSC
good.

Yeah u just need to do past hsc questions.

Ive seen some derivative questions (in question 2) where they have been exactly the same, but have just changed the constand or added an x or something trivial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)