Just a question out of curiosity... (1 Viewer)

YamiHelen

HSC
Hi, I'm going to study a B Arts/Education (Secondary) at the beginning of semester 1 this year!

I've already enrolled in my required 24 UOC for the degree, but I was wondering if I can perhaps enrol in one more course?

I really want to do a course to learn korean, but with my required credits for my majors/minors, the 24 UOC have been used up.

Thanks in advance :)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Can you overload in your first year? I thought you had to have a certain amount of UOC under your belt with no fails in order to apply for an overload?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you overload in your first year? I thought you had to have a certain amount of UOC under your belt with no fails in order to apply for an overload?
Whoops you need to study for at least one year and have no fails.

HSC
Uni Grad
You can only start overloading in 2nd year 1st sem, provided that you have getting at least 65 WAM. You need to have completed at least 48 UoC prior, and passed every single course in the previous semester.

Conditions of Overload:
• You must have completed at least 48 units of credit in your degree program
• You must be currently in good academic standing
• You must have passed a full course load (24 units of credit) in your previous semester of study
• You must have a minimum overall WAM of 65 or higher
• You are not permitted to enrol into more than 30 units of credit per semester
• You are not permitted to enrol into more than 18 units of credit in summer semester
• Applications will only be accepted after results have been released for the semester prior to the one in which you wish to overload in unless it is your final semester of study
• Unless written notification is received to cancel an approved overload request you will be enrolled in the courses nominated on the overload application form
• It is your responsibility to withdraw from any courses that you do not wish to be enrolled in by the relevant dates to avoid financial liability or academic penalty
What subjects are you taking on anyway?

YamiHelen

HSC
You can only start overloading in 2nd year 1st sem, provided that you have getting at least 65 WAM. You need to have completed at least 48 UoC prior, and passed every single course in the previous semester.

What subjects are you taking on anyway?
Hey um I'm thinking of majoring in History and then having Chinese as a minor but I'm also choosing history as a minor just in case I want to do double History later on; I'll probably make a decision for semester 2.

Courses are:
ARTS1270 - Global History (major)
ARTS1210 - Concepts of Asia (minor)
ARTS1452 - Introductory Chinese for Background Speakers A (minor)
EDST1101 - Educational Psychology (compulsory)

I just wanted to learn Korean as an extra, but not really to be able to teach it :)

Thanks to all the replys, they have been very helpful ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)