just a question.. (1 Viewer)

miss study

HSC
So in your internals you work your butt off to get good ranks and im not complaining about mine, however im curious..... what if you have a pretty high overall mark but are not ranked first but between you and the person coming first is simply a difference of 0.(something). Do they consider that and are you still disadvantaged in that sense?
For example, in biology me (i came third) and my friends (who came 1st and 2nd) calculated our overall marks where i had achieved an overall of 93.4, my friend who came second got 93.6 and the person who came first got 94.2. As evident there is a very subtle difference in our marks. Do the hsc moderators or whatever they're called take your marks into consideration or are you just a plain rank in their eyes and will you potentially be dragged down by your cohort despite getting high marks in your internals???

HSC
So in your internals you work your butt off to get good ranks and im not complaining about mine, however im curious..... what if you have a pretty high overall mark but are not ranked first but between you and the person coming first is simply a difference of 0.(something). Do they consider that and are you still disadvantaged in that sense?
For example, in biology me (i came third) and my friends (who came 1st and 2nd) calculated our overall marks where i had achieved an overall of 93.4, my friend who came second got 93.6 and the person who came first got 94.2. As evident there is a very subtle difference in our marks. Do the hsc moderators or whatever they're called take your marks into consideration or are you just a plain rank in their eyes and will you potentially be dragged down by your cohort despite getting high marks in your internals???
It's all about ranks and relative gaps between these ranks. Just make sure you do well in the external :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)