Just a quick question... (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
the hsc sucks said:
jeez u guys stress a bit! u can ask for as many extra booklets as u want and creative writing being smaller is probably cos most ppl only manage a page or 2 anyway
wtf?
how can someone only write a page or two for creative? you can't say jack shit in 2 pages...i use at least 4-6 A4 and my handwriting is pretty small too...
*shakes head in amazement* 2 pages????

HSC
ahen said:
wtf?
how can someone only write a page or two for creative? you can't say jack shit in 2 pages...i use at least 4-6 A4 and my handwriting is pretty small too...
*shakes head in amazement* 2 pages????
I totally agree with "the hsc sucks". For the Trials, I wrote 1 page for creative. :uhhuh:

mc88

HSC
It's not necessarily a case of being bad at english - it could be the case of having a plot for your creative writing that doesn't allow for a massive amount of pages to be written on it, or simply being more succinct than someone else.

HSC
mc88 said:
It's not necessarily a case of being bad at english - it could be the case of having a plot for your creative writing that doesn't allow for a massive amount of pages to be written on it, or simply being more succinct than someone else.
Or just not having a creative bone in your body. :( :eek:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For all the exams that I did I wrote in 8 page writing booklets. I've never seen a 4 page writing booklet before. So I'm sure the 4 page booklets don't apply to English, Mathematics Extensions and Sciences...lol

Anyway, you're not expected to fill up those booklets. For like question 1 in maths exams you barely use 3-4 pages of those booklets anyway. For English, you can get away with writing 4-5 pages of those booklets for each question and get band 6.
From personal experience, I barely wrote 5 pages of those booklets for each question in the English exams while heaps of people wrote like 2 or more whole booklets for some questions. I ended up getting a higher mark than most of them, so it's really a matter of getting your content communicated in the most succinct way and filtering out the irrelevent crap.

Surely if you were a marker you would prefer to read a short succinct response rather than a very long one after tediously marking hundreds of responses to the same question the whole time...lol Remember that markers have to get through all those responses in a set time limit so they have to work pretty fast. So for longer responses wouldn't the marker be more likely to 'speed read' the material (so there's a possibility of missing some good points) rather than read it properly?...lol

w00dy.

HSC
zaqwerty said:
It's not that I don't want to ask for more booklets, it's that it slows me down/distracts me when I have to.
speaking of asking for more exam booklets, our english teacher told us a story about a student who raised her hand for another booklet, and no one noticed her for over 10 minutes, she said if you want another booklet put your hand up when you know your coming close to running out of space and if they dont respond within a reasonable time. stand up, aparently that always gets there attention.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
w00dy. said:
speaking of asking for more exam booklets, our english teacher told us a story about a student who raised her hand for another booklet, and no one noticed her for over 10 minutes, she said if you want another booklet put your hand up when you know your coming close to running out of space and if they dont respond within a reasonable time. stand up, aparently that always gets there attention.
Yeah, that happened in my trials although i wasnt waiting for 10 minutes, more like 5. Still i'd hate for that to happen in the actual exams.

HSC
w00dy. said:
Well that student was stupid (maybe too harsh a word... :eek:) then. Yeah sure they should've seen her hand there, but as if that student would've just waited there. In an exam, if I was waiting for more than 10 seconds (the adrenaline would make that 10 seconds last for ages) I'd tap my fingernails on the desk, shout out or do something noisy to get their attention (with my fingers crossed; I wouldn't want to be kicked out of the exam :eek: :p). But for my Trials, the teachers came around giving us more paper before we actually asked for it, which worked out well.

But standing is a really good idea though. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)