Just a random question... (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
Hey guys, this is just a random question.

What department is your Drama faculty located in at school? Does it have its own department? Is it in with the English faculty or Arts?

How many Drama teachers do you have at your school? How many drama rooms?

My Drama Department is located in the English Faculty. We have 2 Drama teachers. And only One Drama Room...

Share the LoVe people!

Dezzy

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Drama faculty is part of English. Two teachers who work AS drama teachers, although we recently got one more drama teacher and have another who has taught drama before. Drama classes normally happen within the performance space, but occasionally happen in classrooms that are normally occupied by english.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Our drama department is located in the English Faculty. We have one full time drama teacher and another who does half english half drama. We have one drama room...which has 12 frensels. Nothing spec, damn public education.
We have Drama as an elective from Year 9. There are two classes in both Year 9 and 10. And one year 11 and one year 12 class.
:D

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I go to a performing arts high school... so its just the performing arts faculty which includes the drama, dance, music as well as art teachers. We have a couple of teachers in the English department that runs Theatre sports though.

V

val_dramaqueen

ummm... public school i go to, so drama is under drama thingo...
two teachers for drama.. one does year 11 and 12 and the other is actually a english/music/drama substitute teacher but he does years 9 and 10..
we have one classroom that is for drama prac and theory... another room is actually meant to be a dance room, but the english department keep taking over... so some of the classes are in hallways...
That and half our school burnt down last term, so there's that problem too! :p

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
totally off topic..but can someone please tell me how to post my own thread..hm i think thats what u call it
like how do i start my own thingy...??

V

val_dramaqueen

tsk tsk tsk....

go on the main page ie: drama
then near the top left it says "POST THREAD"
then click on that and bob's your uncle! :uhhuh:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
back on topic :)

our drama faculty is in the arts or "CAPA" staffroom. We have only 1 drama teacher and drama lessons are held in a kind of small hall called the "Neate Theatre" heaps of space so it's awesome for group work and games. That's the only space that drama is done in so yeah :)

bextahunt

Had 2 drama teachers, now only 1. How hectic must her life be!

My drama room was with the dance studio, however it was one HUGE hall especially made for us. Sooo good. Like one of those outside buildings, disconnected from the school, however this one is huge and is brick built properly.

Pretty cool place for drama! Aww I miss performing now! Those group performances that were improvised (ahh classic drama games) were sooo fun!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I go to a selective school.

We have two drama teachers (who also take a couple of extension 2 english classes and senior english classes) and also we have a music/drama teacher who takes junior classes and helps the other two with organisation for the musical and drama production. They have their own staffroom but apparently the head of the faculty is the head english teacher. Go figure.

We have the hall, a drama room with the masks from earlier assignments on the wall, the required clutter of random crap and wierd clothing :rolleyes: and a nice stage (and black walls :D) and then we have a lecture theatre that seats a few hundred people. It has a tight sound and light system and the acoustics are top :) - we performed our HSC performances in there.

matty_boi17

HSC
N/A
Our drama teacher was in the English faculty, but is now back down in Arts. We've got one drama room... with purple walls. LMAO

AngelSG86

We only have one drama teacher, but he teaches english too I think. And we have one drama room, its in the same block as the art rooms and just above the woodwork rooms. Its tiny and dark and really creepy when you first walk in cause it has black curtains and black walls. I prefer to go in after someone's turned the lights on. We were supposed to get a theatre thing, but it ended being a lecture theatre with hardly any room for performance so we've never used it. Year 12 drama this year only had 7 people by the time we got to HSC performances, but year eleven has two classes of over ten people each. Its funny.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
we have 4 drama teachers...one who is the Creative Arts co-ordinator and the other 2 teach english also i think. so the drama department is part of the creative arts dept. which also incldues Art and Music.

we have 2 drama rooms. one massive and the other about half the size. it's ok. they're kinda scary rooms, but i can't complain. least we dont have to move tables and chairs when we did prac.

HSC
It's in the performing arts faculty
we have 1 classroom with mini performance rooms in it
and 1 drama teacher
drama isnt really that popular at my school- 11 people in my class and no senior drama class next year
its kinda good though- more attention!

emmamar

HSC
we have a dance drama speech (DDS) faculty..
we have a large drama theatre with ugly carpet haha and they have just put lecture chairs in there that can't be removed which is an injustice to the drama theatre i mean how many lectures are we really going to have at school?? sorry got a bit carried away there...
and we have 7 teachers that teach in all areas of drama dance and speech....
and our drama teacher is the best teacher there is!!!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
my school: One drama room located in the TAS part of the school, but the teachers are english teachers

my old school: two drama rooms in the food tech block with english teacher who teaches drama. But he's timetabled to teach drama as drama was popular at my old school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)