Just beginning Ancient history HSC, advice? (1 Viewer)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
G'day!

I have just started the Ancient history HSC course, and I am currently studying Pompeii and Herculaneum. Already I am a little overwhelmed, I got handed a text book and simply instructed to summarize it, my teacher then went on long service leave and the class is left with subs that were left no work.

So thats the story, so I've decided if I am ging to pass this subject I'm going to have to teach myself. I have down loaded the syllabus and I am trying to work through each dot point, however the text book is very long and subjective and its hard to determine what is relevant and what is not, and without a qualified ancient history teacher I'm a bit lost.

If anyone has some advice or maybe been in a similar position can help me out?
Sorry for the very broad question,

*Baby-K*

HSC
I was in your position a year ago, although I had an amazing teacher who was passionate about history I was overwhelmed by the content and the amount of work- so Term 1 08 I dropped it

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tulii said:
G'day!

I have just started the Ancient history HSC course, and I am currently studying Pompeii and Herculaneum. Already I am a little overwhelmed, I got handed a text book and simply instructed to summarize it, my teacher then went on long service leave and the class is left with subs that were left no work.

So thats the story, so I've decided if I am ging to pass this subject I'm going to have to teach myself. I have down loaded the syllabus and I am trying to work through each dot point, however the text book is very long and subjective and its hard to determine what is relevant and what is not, and without a qualified ancient history teacher I'm a bit lost.

If anyone has some advice or maybe been in a similar position can help me out?
Sorry for the very broad question,
Exactly which textbook have yiu been given?

I do teach Ancient (although I mark Modern I teach both) and may give you some help via`PM.

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
Just have lots of quotes and know your historians.... I'm finding atm that a good knowledge of historians is essential to doin well in the course due to it being such a historian based topic

Darus

HSC
well ill be willing to help if your doing sparta, the persian wars and the aftermath and akhenaten, just pm me with what you need. Oh and of course P&H

Zarafaraway

HSC
i've done a fair bit of work for this subject and don't want it to go to waste
if you want any notes then just pm me your email and ill send them through
did p and h obvi, amenhotep to ramesses II, the ramesside period and ramesses II

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)