just cant do exams (1 Viewer)

Gurlpower

HSC
does anyone have this problem....?

im a 3rd yr marketing student and whenever it comes down to examtime i go horrible.

im usually leading into the exams on a distinction average, howver, i only have 1 credit to my name as whenever i sit for the exams i never get more than 55%, sometimes borderline failure (but bunged up from good lead in marks)

i just cant do it, i need time to carefully sculpt my work and just cant write a decent exam on the spot.

does anyone have any advice?

this is frustrating me i have 1 to go

~ari

is well hung
HSC
I dont go as well in exams as I do in my assignments...probably because I'm lazy when it comes to studying, but assignments can be pulled off at the last minute

*Buttercup*

HSC
Gurlpower said:
im a 3rd yr marketing student and whenever it comes down to examtime i go horrible.

im usually leading into the exams on a distinction average, howver, i only have 1 credit to my name as whenever i sit for the exams i never get more than 55%, sometimes borderline failure (but bunged up from good lead in marks)
What part of exams is the problem - like, do u get nervous and can't think straight, or do u have trouble finishing in the time limit, or do u have trouble studying and learning things off by heart?

tubtub

HSC
yep i have this too and even worse there is often a minimum mark u have to get in the final exam.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Also do you attend as many tutes and lectures as you can and keep up with the readings because doing this is a major advantage at examtime. Its easier to do an assignment if you aren't keeping up with the work as you can research etc but an exam tests how much you have digested during the semester. I have a friend who leaves her reading till stuvac and finds it harder at exam time where others do it before and find exam time less stressful.

If not if you get super nervous before an exam which makes it hard to think straight try and figure out what makes you feel that way and address it. If it helps do practice exams under exam conditions etc to get yourself used to it. Stressing heaps can often push all the info out of your head which is actually there remind yourself of that. My HSC speaking exams were very intimidating and for one I let myself get worked up and nervous and the other I didnt, I did better in the one I relaxed in because I reassured myself the knowledge was there.

HSC
melsc said:
Also do you attend as many tutes and lectures as you can and keep up with the readings because doing this is a major advantage at examtime. Its easier to do an assignment if you aren't keeping up with the work as you can research etc but an exam tests how much you have digested during the semester. I have a friend who leaves her reading till stuvac and finds it harder at exam time where others do it before and find exam time less stressful.

If not if you get super nervous before an exam which makes it hard to think straight try and figure out what makes you feel that way and address it. If it helps do practice exams under exam conditions etc to get yourself used to it. Stressing heaps can often push all the info out of your head which is actually there remind yourself of that. My HSC speaking exams were very intimidating and for one I let myself get worked up and nervous and the other I didnt, I did better in the one I relaxed in because I reassured myself the knowledge was there.

WOW.. u changed from macQ to UWS? .. if u dont it personally, can i ask u why? casue ppl acutally try to move out of UWS..

cheers

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:
WOW.. u changed from macQ to UWS? .. if u dont it personally, can i ask u why? casue ppl acutally try to move out of UWS..

cheers
lol
well my friend went to UTS n dindt like it there, n came back ahhaha

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Heh, I went from UNSW to UWS. Never regretted the move.

As for the exam thing, it's understandable - it's a lot of pressure. There's no trick to getting it (that I'm aware of).

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
christ_ine said:
Heh, I went from UNSW to UWS. Never regretted the move.

As for the exam thing, it's understandable - it's a lot of pressure. There's no trick to getting it (that I'm aware of).

I 2nd that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)