Just completed degree, now want to do a 2nd one. What next? (1 Viewer)

Unsureaboutfuture

HSC
Hello

I just finished my degree in business and have graduated but have now decided after some while that i dont really want to pursue a career in this and would rather do something else that i'm interested in (computer science/engineering). I'm kind of scared that I may have left this too late (i'm 23) but would rather do a 2nd degree that i'm into instead of regretting it for the rest of my life. How do I go about studying for this 2nd degree?

I know I'm considered a mature aged student now so how do I go about applying? Do I go via universities' independent colleges (like uts:insearch, uws college, etc) and build my way up to uni? My ATAR from 5-6 years ago wouldn't be high enough to enrol straight into a computer science/engineering degree and while my GPA from my business degree isn't horrible, it's still around average only so that wouldn't get me in either. So how do I approach this? Thank you

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I doubt you can do another bachelor and probably would be better off doing a postgrad degree that uses your current marks. However, if your marks aren't high enough they usually slot you into a "grad certificate" degree and let you in on condition you get X amount of marks.

Unsureaboutfuture

HSC
Hello

Thank your for the response. That sucks to hear :(. Is there any reason why I won't be able to do another bachelors degree? My degree is in Marketing so I'm not sure that I'll be able to do a postgrad degree in engineering :/

kast

HSC
Uni Grad
You can certainly do another bachelor's degree, as many as you want. Don't worry about leaving it too late; you're young! I'm not sure how you go about applying, and I would assume your GPA would be used for entrance but maybe not. Contact an academic advisor at your current/previous uni to ask about your options, as it might be easier to get into that uni being an alumini.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Hello

Thank your for the response. That sucks to hear :(. Is there any reason why I won't be able to do another bachelors degree? My degree is in Marketing so I'm not sure that I'll be able to do a postgrad degree in engineering :/
Most postgrad coursework degrees are for people who didn't undertake the same field. So most postgrad IT students will have no studies in IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)