Just curious... (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
*Points hand up* Man, it's been ages since someone posted here. So, I assume you are doing video? or is my assumption misplaced.

glo-stick91

HSC
no no, you were quite right to assume so. I am doing a video :)
So how far along have you got? Much filming of your actual video taken place?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Well, I've completed my principal photography really. Took advantage of the Summer Holidays - people were available for extended periods of time etc.
So, how about you? Also, what camera are you planning to use?

muso12

HSC
ME!...halfway through the script..yess i suppose i am a little very behind- but thats half the fun of it

allym

HSC
I am also doing film, I haven't started the actual filming yet, but am ready to.
What subjects are you guys doing?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Mine are in my sig. LOL, all girls so far. Except me :(

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I'm determined to do an animation. I have the idea, and draft plot (in dot points, not very long though lol) written up. Just went through my preliminary research lol. (Lagging behind lol)

Hopefully will get the storyboard done soon (I'm a visual person).

Grrrrrrrrr.... I'm spending 4 hours a night catching up on H/W and language work... Never find time to spend on my MW ):

Not many people doing video. Lets try to keep this part of the forum alive.

glo-stick91

HSC
I'm determined to do an animation. I have the idea, and draft plot (in dot points, not very long though lol) written up. Just went through my preliminary research lol. (Lagging behind lol)

Hopefully will get the storyboard done soon (I'm a visual person).

Grrrrrrrrr.... I'm spending 4 hours a night catching up on H/W and language work... Never find time to spend on my MW ):

Not many people doing video. Lets try to keep this part of the forum alive.
+1

my teacher doesn't understand how we can possibly keep up with everything. I tend to agree...

Oh-and pain. I'm not sure what camera im using yet.
But i don't even want to start thinking about filming until i have my script finished and finalised. thats a few weeks off yet i presume (a bit behind-i know).
what stage is everyone else upto?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
+1

my teacher doesn't understand how we can possibly keep up with everything. I tend to agree...

Oh-and pain. I'm not sure what camera im using yet.
But i don't even want to start thinking about filming until i have my script finished and finalised. thats a few weeks off yet i presume (a bit behind-i know).
what stage is everyone else upto?
I think you should consider the filming aspect whilst you write. It's imperative you're not wasting time over technical logistics AFTER you're shooting-script is complete, especially since the six week holidays are gone. You need to find out what camera you're using; it's capabilities and it's limitations. Technical aspects will affect your script. Better develop a frame set earlier on, then rather find out you have to re-write because you couldn't shoot a scene effectively.

Storyboarding is also vital to the process. But take note, unless you've already gone location scouting, these boards are just a general indication of your creative output. A setting can go as far as drastically shifting your pre-invisioned shot, to requiring a complete cut or rewrite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)