Just ended long distance relationship (1 Viewer)

dextric

HSC
Hi, i have been somewhat of a lurker here for a while, first post now.

I have been going out with this girl for 2 years, however, during the first 6 months of our relationship she had to leave. We agreed that we would do long distance until i finished my HSC and then move over with her.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we went through 1 and half years of being apart (i couldnt move with her, got accpeted into uni where i am) and last night, came to a decision to end it. It wasnt really a fight, so we didnt end on bad terms. We were both wishing each luck in the future and hoping each other would find happiness.

Well, the reason why i am posting, is that, i still love her, and i just need some tips as to how to move on with my life.

Please if you have any, share them with me.
Thank you for your time
Dex

Dr_Doom

HSC
You need to get a gf to forget about her. If it was me and I knew we would be 1.5 years apart. I would have broken it off when she left, because it's very unlikely a long distance relationship that long would last...

You should keep in touch with her though. Like ring her and stuff. You don't want to completely bar her coz you might want to hook up after uni or something.

My advice: Free lance a bit, see how it goes. Find a new girl. Get yourself through uni. See what happens.

Cheers

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Although getting a new gf might work, it could also work bad, because it might be too soon to get into a new relationship. I mean, you just ended a really long one, you need some time to heal before you just get into a new one.

Maybe try hanging around with friends more or something. And talk to them about it. Talking helps.

Just take time to think about it, but you'll get through, no matter how hard it is.

Good luck :)

lisa45

HSC
don't jump straight into another full on relationship cos trust me its not fair on the girl, no matter how hard u try u will still compare this girl to the last. give yourself time to get over it.
i recommend going to gigs and festivals to meet knew ppl and have fun but thats just me cos i love live music. otherwise find something you love doing and pursue it.
i suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a few random hook ups to see that there is life after girl but honestly im not too keen on the whole rebound thing, but in saying that i think if the same thing had happened to me i would be a mess. im with a guy now that i absolutely adore and i think if we broke up i would boot, as in go overseas for a bit. ahhh the turmoil of love.
anyways thats enough rabble from me
good luck dude, wish u all the best
have some spam:spam:

davin

HSC
N/A
from the "end of a 2 year long distance relationship" thing i hear you fully... did that myself.

keep yourself busy with friends and activities... it'll keep your mind off it. i'd say, DON'T try to get into a relationship right after this, it will be messy. keep your options open, and if you do start to feel drawn to someone new, move slowly with it and make sure that you're not just trying to replace the last relationship.
i'd also suggest that, while stay in touch with her, try to make sure the conversations are more directly friendshipy, because it'll be harder to let go if you have discussions that are too close to the sorts of discussions that happen within a relationship. anyway, that last bit i think its a bit confusing, but hopfully it makes some sense

anyway, gl though then

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
the easiest way to get over someone is spend heaps of time with your mates. get out and about, party, have fun and you'll find someone else. moving on is easy if you dont let yourself lapse into thinking about the person and feeling sad coz its over- you just have to busy yourself with something else.

olchik

HSC
uni, study, friends, parties, gym, may be new hobby - all these things may help you!

dextric

HSC
Thank you for your much appreciated comments. I will try everything mentioned here.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read my post, and offer some support.

cheers
dex

gracie007

HSC
go out and pick up as many randoms as u can.

and avoid having long distance relationships. whats the point if u arent gonna c the person hardly, if at all, over 1 1/2 years? even if i loved the person i wouldnt be able to do that. bt thats jst me, maybe u r diff.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
my friend started going out with a guy for 6 months before she started uni, then she moved to another country to study (admittedly they were both in europe, so saw each other every 2/3 weeks) and they eventually got engaged and lived together after she finished, 3 years later.

they split up because, although they were together a long time, it's not the same as actually seeing each other and being physically close. if she had been, it would have ended MUCH sooner.

Lennie

Focus on uni.
Start doing all of those things that you never got around to doing!! Set goals.

Of course, the best way, Is to meet someone else. :)

Good luck!! It's not easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)