Just got the news - BIT (1 Viewer)

Torien

Just got the letter saying that after the Interview I am still eligible for a place. I was wondering who else got one? how many of these letters are sent out. The wording of mine was "Following the interviews it has been determined that you are still eligible for entry into the course". Did anyone get anything different?

Im now dreading/looking forward to the 19th even more.

lr59

I got rejected :(

Mind you I expected that, I fuked up the interview and hadn't done any real leadership things before...

Well done to all those who got in...

Saintly Devil

"Congratulations! I am pleased to offer you a place on the 2004 Bachelor of Information Technology course, providing you attain an HSC UAI of greater than or equal to 94"

Isn't this a bit higher than what fatmuscle said they had accepted in previous years - low 80's, early 90's? Seems like its now almost on par with UNSW UAI entry requirement for its BIT course

jayz

walking
from wat i've heard about the 2 diff BIT courses at UNSW and UTS, industry sponsors definitely like the UTS graduates more 4 some reason (maybe coz the course structure is updated every 3yrs, not sure)
is this wat u guyz hav heard or experienced?

-=AETOS=-

well having been exposed to industry id say the rep of UTS grads over unsw is better for some reason...

don't worry too much about the UAI cut off if everybody gets less than 94 then they will still consider accepting you even if you get in the 80's

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Denied!

I also expected this because I stuffed up the interview big time...

But I wasnt fussed to get into it or not because it is not my first preferance...

Congrats to all who made the cut and who made the interview stage

Torien

Are U sure

Are us sure about those categories? I thought from what I had read that if they dont tell you you need over 94 that you only need over 90. Remembering that this year the "cut off" listed in the UAC guide is 90 not 94 like last year.... shit... now Im all worried... only 6 more days till I know I spose.

Good luck to everyone else who got a good letter

leeraff

HSC
yay i got in with a 92.65!! des rang me yesturday! =)

anyone else get in?

Torien

I got in too. So where are you other successful applicants from? What day was ure interview on? and what was ure UAI.

Im from Dural, I had an interview on the first day and my UAI is 92.25. Hopefully that starts the ball rolling.

I also had a few more Questions about the course.

How much will boks cost me for the first semester?

Will I have all my lectures and Tutorials in building 10?

Should I get a laptop with the money from the scholarship?

sweathers

Sydney, Northern Beaches. 92 UAI. Interview was the first day.

Laptop is certainly a good idea, specially one with a wireless connection. 'Parrently the whole IT campus is wireless networked.

Although using scholarship money to buy it may not be such a good idea.

Regards,
Jim
www.sweathers.com

Hai

i got in as well. im from fairfield. ill see you all at the orientation camp! congrats to everyone else

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
OooO Congrats everyone.... hope you find the camp as enjoyable as it was for me!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)