Just out of curiosity... (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Barely meeting NESA's definition of a serious attempt may result in a considerably low band and involves a number of aspects, such as:
  • Randomly answering multiple-choice questions, resulting in a lowered chance of answering them correctly, leading to loss of marks.
  • Making minimal effort to answer the remaining questions, manifested in short/incomplete/insufficient working. For example, you may provide an answer on its own, instead of showing relevant working, leading to a loss of marks.
Keep in mind that a band 1 as your HSC mark depends on your Assessment Mark in addition to your Examination Mark, meaning that your performance in your school-based assessment tasks/exams and your subsequent rank play an important role in determining such an outcome, since the Assessment Mark contributes 50% of your HSC mark. Substandard performance in the Mathematics Advanced HSC exam alone may not be substantial enough for a band 1, not to mention the fact that the Examination Mark is aligned.

I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Barely meeting NESA's definition of a serious attempt may result in a considerably low band and involves a number of aspects, such as:
  • Randomly answering multiple-choice questions, resulting in a lowered chance of answering them correctly, leading to loss of marks.
  • Making minimal effort to answer the remaining questions, manifested in short/incomplete/insufficient working. For example, you may provide an answer on its own, instead of showing relevant working, leading to a loss of marks.
Keep in mind that a band 1 as your HSC mark depends on your Assessment Mark in addition to your Examination Mark, meaning that your performance in your school-based assessment tasks/exams and your subsequent rank play an important role in determining such an outcome, since the Assessment Mark contributes 50% of your HSC mark. Substandard performance in the Mathematics Advanced HSC exam alone may not be sufficient for a band 1, not to mention the fact that the Examination Mark is aligned.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks for the detail. So say my average internal mark is 53/100, and I get 45% in my hsc exam tommorow, is it possible to get a band 3?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the detail. So say my average internal mark is 53/100, and I get 45% in my hsc exam tommorow, is it possible to get a band 3?
No worries. Regarding the Assessment Mark, that depends on your rank relative to your cohort as well as your cohort's performance in the Mathematics Advanced HSC exam. Regarding the Examination Mark, if the 45% you are suggesting is a raw mark, then it may be possible to achieve a band 3, at least as your aligned Examination Mark.

HSC
No worries. Regarding the Assessment Mark, that depends on your rank relative to your cohort as well as your cohort's performance in the Mathematics Advanced HSC exam. Regarding the Examination Mark, if the 45% you are suggesting is a raw mark, then it may be possible to achieve a band 3, at least as your aligned Examination Mark.
okay, thanks so much man

Porogamiii

HSC
Here's the stats for last year's maths advanced. So yeah it's pretty hard to get a band 1/2 if you gave it a somewhat serious attempt.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.31.22 pm.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)