• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just over a week till uni starts !!! (1 Viewer)

mel81

Originally posted by VX1-08U
Originally posted by christ_ine
Pfft, I only went to the first lecture for sociology and got a credit ;) The only way you can fail a unit is if you're a real dumbass or don't turn up to 80% of your tutorials.
The question is, did you copy the notes of someone else who went to the lectures ...
She probably downloaded the notes from webCT

VX1-08U

Originally posted by mel81
She probably downloaded the notes from webCT.

True, didn't think of that. In some of my subjects tho, the lecturers don't post the notes on WebCT, or just post a outline (where they expect you to attend lectures to fill in the blanks). :(

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Umm, no, I didn't copy anyones notes and I never used WebCT.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I have one lecture on tuesday - at midday, and that's all i have. It probably takes longer to get into uni, than the duration in which i'll actually be there. Is there a way i can *not* go to that lecture? It says that the lectures are compulsory though? I mean this downloading lecture notes off the net sounds like a fair idea.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by babyslug
I have one lecture on tuesday - at midday, and that's all i have. It probably takes longer to get into uni, than the duration in which i'll actually be there. Is there a way i can *not* go to that lecture? It says that the lectures are compulsory though? I mean this downloading lecture notes off the net sounds like a fair idea.
yeah i could understand

mel81

Originally posted by VX1-08U
Originally posted by mel81
She probably downloaded the notes from webCT.
True, didn't think of that. In some of my subjects tho, the lecturers don't post the notes on WebCT, or just post a outline (where they expect you to attend lectures to fill in the blanks). :(
Oh I hate that fill in the blanks crap, last semester I had a lecturer who posted notes on webct with blank spaces to fill in and it was so hard to listen to what he was saying and fill the blank spaces in, especially since half the time the slides he put up were different who he would put the slides up for a second and you didn't have time to fill them.

babyslug lectures are compuslory but its not like they take a roll or anything. The first week of the lectuer it will be that packed every seat will be full then after that it will be pretty much empty until say the last week when everyone goes to find out whats in the exam. As long as you go to tutorials you should be right, the lecturers go on about how important lecturers are but half the time you just fall asleep anyway.

Also with lecturers most lectuerers don't care what lecture you go to so if there is a lecture on at night and/or another campus more convienant then go to that lectuer. Dosn't really matter if your not registered in that lecture. My home campus is campbelltown but
this semester I plan to go to penrith for one of my lectures. I got a lecture in the morning at campbelltown then I will go home for a while then go to penrith for a lecture at 6pm. That way I dont have to go to uni on a day I have just one lecture. Last year I would go to parra for a couple of lectuers.

You can search for lectuer times here http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
are you all gonna attend your academic session this week?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
no there are no exams for english text and writing. Its a bs course in my opinion and i hated it... hence y i didnt go. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)