Just realised (1 Viewer)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I just realised that there aren't many threads started in the Video section here.......how many of you are actually doing videos?

Have you guys started yet?

I've completed all of my research for my topic of interest (2 whole journals worth!!:-S) and I'm so glad I've completed it all. The only problem i'm having now is with the script. I've written one before but i just can't seem to express my ideas on paper and even when i do i change my mind 5 mins later!! I officially have a start and a finish - i just need to work out what's going to happen in the middle of the movie.

I'm the only one in my Ext 2 class (there are only four of us) that is actually doing a video, 2 are doing critical writing and another is doing a short story.........

Tell me where you're up to people!!

Alaranth

Lol, I am totaly in the same boat, I just havn't done as much research as you! I know the satrt, I know the end, but where is my middle!?! What I've picked is almost completely differnent from my proposal, 2.
In my class, there are... 5 films, sorry, vids, 1 stroy, and 2 essays. But 2 of the people who aren't doing vids are doing them for drama! So... it's a popular choice at my school.
Are you doing creative/narrative or some kind of documentary style?

veridis

droog
HSC
you dont need a middle
only 6 minutes
wrote my script and had to cut like 4 minutes of middle
2 other videoers in my class, of about 25
mines narrative

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Kyroth said:
Lol, I am totaly in the same boat, I just havn't done as much research as you! I know the satrt, I know the end, but where is my middle!?! What I've picked is almost completely differnent from my proposal, 2.
In my class, there are... 5 films, sorry, vids, 1 stroy, and 2 essays. But 2 of the people who aren't doing vids are doing them for drama! So... it's a popular choice at my school.
Are you doing creative/narrative or some kind of documentary style?
I'm doing narrative. I'm going to put 2 characters in a situation and play out how each of them react due to their gender, home life, social life etc. Instead of making it something boring I'm going to make it more fast paced with flashes seperating scenes and places. My topic is a bit dark but i think that's what's going to (hopefully) make it interesting.

Are you doing a narrative or documentary??

Do you know what editing equipment you're going to use?

I have to use my schools editing system.....how crummy! lolz

Ah wells, there's a lot of work that needs to be put into videos, everyone reckons it's so easy but it take so much work!

Are you including storyboards in your journal? Or are you just going to start filming as soon as you finish the script?

veridis

droog
HSC
gunna do a rough storyboard, but not every shot cause with out limited equipment half of it will look shoddy and need to be changed. hoping to film in holidays. will edit script till then

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm one of two EE2'ers at my school...the other is doing performance poetry...this is the first year my school (Casula High) has ever had an EE2 class, so we're at a huge disadvantage since our teacher has never taught the subject before and there's no previous student's work for us to look at.

I've got my 'story' sorted out, with on draft finished (but it is shit.) I'm beginning to completely rework it, keeping the storyline, but changing the way it will be done. Mine's going to be very experimental. I'm looking at a non-linear storyline with no common genre and splashes of some stuff (don't really want to go too in-depth with my ideas) throughout.

I'll finish a rough storyboard and script this holidays. The biggest problem I'm having is with casting. I need a 17 year old boy and girl, a 14 year old boy to get his photo taken with the rest of the cast (minus girl) and a 40 year old man. I think I'm going to end up having myself and my neighbour as the seventeen year olds, but I really don't want to have to act in it. The older dude is the main problem I'm having.

Anybody on here fortyish? :p

veridis

droog
HSC
i have the opposite problem
everyone wants to act in my film. probably makes it easier when all of my characters are 16-18 year old guys
so my previous group shots with 4 or 5 have gone up to like 15. will be crazy come filming

Alaranth

I'm doing story boards, cos my teacher basicly said I had to. I don't really have a script though, but I probably will when I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

I'm using a combination of school and home editing, and few more programs besides. They all do different things that I need, so I'll need something to transport it on. Gotta convince my parents to buy me an mp3. They function as flash discs, too.

Not only do I need school editing though, I need the bloody school camera! So my shooting has to not interupt anyone elses shooting. :\ Ah well, serves me right.

I'm doing a narrative, with elements of fantasy and stuff. It's useful because I only need 2 actors, and I've got people for that! :) Although I havn't spoken to one of them for a while... hmm... She was really hard to cast, too. But it's cool. The main problem with my actors, is one of them is really into sport, and every weekend and after school she's doing SOMETHING!

veridis

droog
HSC
mp3 player to transport video?
after a mates first shoting day i had to give him the 12 minutes of footage that was useable, 3.6gigs and it wasnt the resolution i wanted.
why bother with school and home editing? if you can do it at home may as well do all of it at home

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Kyroth said:
I'm doing story boards, cos my teacher basicly said I had to. I don't really have a script though, but I probably will when I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

I'm using a combination of school and home editing, and few more programs besides. They all do different things that I need, so I'll need something to transport it on. Gotta convince my parents to buy me an mp3. They function as flash discs, too.

Not only do I need school editing though, I need the bloody school camera! So my shooting has to not interupt anyone elses shooting. :\ Ah well, serves me right.

I'm doing a narrative, with elements of fantasy and stuff. It's useful because I only need 2 actors, and I've got people for that! :) Although I havn't spoken to one of them for a while... hmm... She was really hard to cast, too. But it's cool. The main problem with my actors, is one of them is really into sport, and every weekend and after school she's doing SOMETHING!
Hehe. Sounds like you're way ahead of me. I haven't had a meeting with my teacher in 2 weeks and now i have exams for 2 weeks and then holidays for 2 weeks so i'm pretty much screwed!! I might have to see her when she doesnt have a class and i dont have an exam...........I want to do storyboards but i cant draw so thats out of the question I'm just going to take pictures of sets.

I think i'm going ot have to act in the movie myself because the girl i want wont be able to come down to where i live and do it all so yeah. I dont mind muahahahah But it would be hard. I just need a guy to act all depressed and still havent asked one of my friends to do it for me - his girlfriend said hed probably have the time though so yeah. Hmm....I hope to have all this crap finished by the end of the holidays atleast. I'm using my own editing system and the schools and i have a USB flash drive so its all good.

veridis

droog
HSC
lol. peter what the hell you doin in here man. you realy that bored after exams.

can i just restate that USB flash drives will be woefuly inadequate when it comes to transporting video. we're talking files in gigs not megs here. max USB i've seen is 1 gig(theres prob someone in here with a 2 just to prove me wrong)so you'd need 2 or 3 of those at least. but most ppl seem to have a 256 and you'd need about 10, a rather absurd amount.

BLACKBIRD.whs

HSC
yeh we only have a one hour lesson of ee2 every fortnight so pretty much all of it is done at home. me and a mate of mine are doin video also, shes doin a music documentry thing i think. mines a samurai kinda thing. got my sword today :D :D so happy, its beautiful

DumbparameciuM

In my class of 15, I'm th eonly one doing a video.
I've finished my script three times, but I keep having to change it (usually because either myself or my mentor thinks something could be tweaked.) I'm now in my final revision. I'm about half done storyboarding, and auditions for my video are running over the next two weeks.

As for cameras, I'm using a sony DVCam for the auditions, just to see how the actors look in the frame, but I'm thinking about hiring something a bit better, and using a boom mike. For software I'm using Adobe.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
veridis said:
lol. peter what the hell you doin in here man. you realy that bored after exams.

can i just restate that USB flash drives will be woefuly inadequate when it comes to transporting video. we're talking files in gigs not megs here. max USB i've seen is 1 gig(theres prob someone in here with a 2 just to prove me wrong)so you'd need 2 or 3 of those at least. but most ppl seem to have a 256 and you'd need about 10, a rather absurd amount.
Yeah, my teacher was telling me the other day - I have no idea what i'm going to use to transfer my files from one computer to another- got any suggestions?? I've just finished my 2nd journal and i'm onto my third and haven't started filming yet! There's just so much to cover and so little time to do it in.......can you guys tell me where i can hire equipment for my vid coz i have noooo idea!! I'm hopeless at this i swear....ah wells....

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
pirotess4 said:
can you guys tell me where i can hire equipment for my vid coz i have noooo idea!! I'm hopeless at this i swear....ah wells....
for hiring equipment in sydney, there is metroscreen (http://www.metroscreen.com.au/facilities.html)...however it really depends on what you want/need..it is quite expensive for a 4 unit project..

goodluck buddy!

Alaranth

USB thing... well, I guess I'm screwed. Neither of my computers have a firewire drive, that's why I need the school stuff. But the school is just iMovie, which is... ok... but at home I also have windows and nero and uled, and a friend might let me use adobe. So I really wanted to be able to transport stuff. My mp3/flash is 1/2gig. Any suggestions?

sK...

HSC
N/A
Either buy, or borrow an external harddrive- your school might have one.

veridis

droog
HSC
Kyroth said:
USB thing... well, I guess I'm screwed. Neither of my computers have a firewire drive, that's why I need the school stuff. But the school is just iMovie, which is... ok... but at home I also have windows and nero and uled, and a friend might let me use adobe. So I really wanted to be able to transport stuff. My mp3/flash is 1/2gig. Any suggestions?
if you only want to transport and then do all editing at home 2g is prob enough though a little hassle. you'd get bout 6-8 mins at full quality on 2g which would prob be enough to tranfer the good takes from each shoot. wouldnt want to be transfering back and forth with only 2 though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)