Just starting out (1 Viewer)

NinjaSauce

HSC
You are making this all vastly over complicated for a newbie.

Lift.
- Add weight when you find it 'easy'. No fewer, ever, than 5 reps a set (this will change in the future, of course).
- 5 x 5. You may only go: 5,5,5,4,3. Etc. But keep working every week. When you get all 25 reps (5,5,5,5,5), add some weight.
- Keep it simple.

Eat. (well)
- Eat what you need to eat.
- A Good work does not equal - "I can treat myself".
- But don't live on chicken breast and brown rice. yuk. Just eat well.

Sleep.
- 8-10 hours +. 7 Hours at a minimum.

Don't think about suppliments. If you 'have to', take a protien shakle after workouts and be done with it. After a SOLID 6 months, you can consider all the other silliness.

------------------------------------

I skimmed through what others have said, and i definately do not agree with all of it. I had a quick look at that 'teen bodybuilding' program (Sorry, i'm at Uni, and don't have time to dwell a lot on these), and it sucks balls. Big time.

Keep it Simple.

Look up:
Bill Starr, Rippletoes, Or Pavel Tsatsouline (avoid his 'kettlebell' stuff). Very simple routines.

No 'magic' suppliment, rep range, rest period, or time of day (you train) will substitute for Hard work. Hard work is a commitment to:
1. Consistant, challenging training.
2. Consistant, Adequate food. (Be it for weight gain, loss, or maintainence)
3. Consistant, Adequate sleep.

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Pace_T said:
out of curiousity, how much do you bench??

to the OP, go to bodybuilding.com you dont have to go nuts or anything you wont become super buff, but if you follow a lot of their articles and advice, you will get to where you want to be REALLY fast.
i use to live on those forums like 5 years ago and i remember all the important things still and i started working out again. in the past 10 weeks i had put on 10kg and my bodyfat % went down as well.
I bench (with dumbbells) 90 pounds with 8 reps.
With a barbell i bench around 70kg.
Im not massive or anything, i work out for sport + am reasonably ripped with decent muscle, about (7% BF)

i agree the forums are good, but theres so many good articles, that its hard to focus on some things.

My favourite writer is Bigred, read his articles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)