Just Stuff about St Marys (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
fionaJOSSPEH said:
Hey guyss I want to go to saint marys senior next year and I was wondering what i should include in my personal profile section? I have done a few extracurriculars (debating, chess, piano, ICAS, community service), and my grades are decent.
The St Marys Senior High School Expression of Interest form suggests that you include the following:
  • your previous schooling - for example, past academic (grades) and non-academic (including extra-curricular) achievements.
  • your goals for year 11 and year 12, for example, interest in participating in school life, including sports, arts and leadership.
  • your goals beyond year 12 - for example, your future career/tertiary study plans.
Essentially, applicants who can provide evidence of a positive attitude and commitment to learning will be given priority. While it is not necessary to have achieved high marks at your previous school, favourable results can supplement your application and therefore distinguish you from other applicants from an academic perspective. Another thing that you may wish to consider is trying to demonstrate your commitment to learning and effective study habits that will enable you to capitalise on the opportunities that SMSHS offers.

I hope this helps! 😄

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
hey did u end up getting in to anything?
Oh hey, its been a year or so since Ive seen this post that I almost forgot about it. I'm currently studying in SMSHS and it is wayyy better than I expected to like it is such a vibe and the teachers here are really great and supportive. I don't regret a single thing leading me into this school.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
haha thanks sm for ur replies! yeah so what would you reccomend to put into my essay section and how many pages did you write?
I wrote around 2-3 pages in my profile. I expanded on who I am, my interests, and why I want to be st Mary’s and basically endorsing the facilities they have to offer and how their environment is just right for you. If you want to inspo, pm me

Darciiii

HSC
Cos out of Conservatorium’s total exam entry , which was like 217 , 150 of them were band 6s but St marys has like 2200+ exam entry to get in the 200s Band 6 range back in 2017
Yes, I read about this!

Gfsdef

HSC
Hi! I go to smshs, if you still need help with your application please let me know :)
Hello I gave my application in, I had pretty average result last year such as all Cs and 1 B and D I wrote I was improving and about my future plans in my student profile and even got a letter from my year advisor I’m actually scared if I will get in or not. What do you think

nsw..wollongong

HSC
What makes St Marys so different from other schools, like what do they offer that other schools don't. I just need something to emphasise that I really want to go to this school but the words just don't come out of my mouth. I've done my Persona; Statement, but I feel like I should write more, so I just need help on what more I need to add to my personal statement.
are we talking about st mary star of the sea in Wollongong?

aulinia

HSC
Hello I gave my application in, I had pretty average result last year such as all Cs and 1 B and D I wrote I was improving and about my future plans in my student profile and even got a letter from my year advisor I’m actually scared if I will get in or not. What do you think
You probs will, afaik st marys doesnt have a rigorous application process anymore, my friend who had a similar report to you got in, and so did a lot of people at my school

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Nah dw, my friend got into st Mary’s while being a straight Cs and Ds student, they look at u as a person based on ur essay, and extracurriculars and yeah a lot of people in my school went to st Mary’s even though they had average results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)