Just to clarify something about related... (1 Viewer)

HSC
never do this. It shows that you are unprepared and you will be marked poorly as a result
I don't think you'll be marked poorly. If anything, you're showing that you can analyse a text and incorporate into your essay when other related texts have failed in 2 hours.

Also don't use a song. You can't get techniques out of it, you'll probably use rhyme but then get stuck on the effect.

Better to use the texts given or make a text up.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
My teacher said that should be your last resort. He said instead use any song you can remember, and force it into belonging (Pretty Hurts - Beyonce, LOL Anaconda - isolation of thin girls, not conforming to standards). Just pull some BS, its better that, than to lose marks.
gg

SuchSmallHands

HSC
You can, especially if they do Bruce Dawe or something for poetry that it'd quite plausible you would have chosen yourself. Personally I've just remembered a really abstract painting; that way I can use it for conflicting perspectives as well if I need to, I can analyze it on the spot (not ideal but there are worse situations to be in) and I don't need to have remembered quotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)