just wondering, what's your uai goal range & course preference? (1 Viewer)

pitted

HSC
N/A
raidan said:
Yea my friends brother did his HSC last year and he got 99.8 UAI

he came 1st in every subject he did
4u maths
adv english
physics
chem
bio

and lowest mark he got in final exam of any of his subjects for the final HSC exams was 86%

he got 94% in 4u maths (how is that possible?!?!?!?!)

how freakin insane is that, i cant beleive that is possible, he must be the biggest anti-social looser ever, but he'll be making bucketloads of cash when hes working for NASA building spaceships or something
predicting about 85
wanting at least >80
ecstatic >90
Impossible >95

94% in 4U maths is possible...i do it and i thought it was impossible (my teacher doesnt even know of anyone who has even finished a 4U exam!!) HOWEVER - go on the forum for the 4U test results and some ppl are saying 120/120 EASY! ppl u just gotta remember some ppl are REALLY smart - unfortunately im not one of them :(

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
tranquilized said:
i hope you guys studyed your arses off if your expecting above 90. i'd be stoked with the 70's. Im going to tropical queensland to further study at uni...should be warm with lots of hot tanned babes!!!! :D
some people dont need to do much work at all to get 90. some people are so smart they can just expect these marks plus performance at school and ranks and general performance of the school each year can often give people an idea of what theyll get

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
my first preference requires me to get a uai of >96 and i doubt i'll get it.... if i make it to Commerce @ Macquarie i'll be happy... otherwise i'll go to UWS im not fussed i probably make it to UWS though i think i'll get a UAi in 80's

Idyll

HSC
pitted said:
94% in 4U maths is possible...i do it and i thought it was impossible (my teacher doesnt even know of anyone who has even finished a 4U exam!!) HOWEVER - go on the forum for the 4U test results and some ppl are saying 120/120 EASY! ppl u just gotta remember some ppl are REALLY smart - unfortunately im not one of them :(
Two things I thought i should mention:

1. You need to be a little suspicious of some of those posts in the 4u forum (some of them were dodgy accounts)

2. we're talking 94% ALIGNED, not 94% RAW, there's a significant difference. 94% aligned is nowhere near 94% raw, so it's perhaps not as hard as you're thinking.

nattylee

HSC
im aiming for 70's coz thats the best i can do. ive worked my arse off, and i know there are hundreds of people in the state who wont have to work very hard and will slide in to the 90's, coz i know some personally. i think that i can get into arts/psych at uws which is the course i want, and i will be very happy if i do. if i dont, then i dont care, i'll just work hard and find something else to do. uai's, like the hsc, dont consume every fibre of my being.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I want over 98 to get into Information Technology at Sydney uni. Otherwise probably need 80s to get into Computer Science and Technology

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
nattylee said:
i think that i can get into arts/psych at uws which is the course i want, and i will be very happy if i do. if i dont, then i dont care, i'll just work hard and find something else to do. uai's, like the hsc, dont consume every fibre of my being.

good stuff, that's the right attitude

i got 71.35 and am doing a course that i love, and have been consistently getting distinctions and some HD's for assessments so far.

it just goes to show that the HSC and your UAI aren't accurate indicators of how successful you can be.

all the best, hope you get into your course! :)

nattylee

HSC
chookyn said:
good stuff, that's the right attitude

i got 71.35 and am doing a course that i love, and have been consistently getting distinctions and some HD's for assessments so far.

it just goes to show that the HSC and your UAI aren't accurate indicators of how successful you can be.

all the best, hope you get into your course! :)

i'd rather do a course that i love, rather than do a course that i hate because my uai is high or low. i dont think the hsc indicates your skills, i know a lot of successful hsc people who are failing in life...

mishka

HSC
N/A
^^ that is by far the best philosophy i've heard on the HSC. good on you nattylee!! :)
(i went to give you rep but it said i had to "spread some around!!" :p)

tamster

Your expectations went down a little. Last yr I was determined to get in the 90's. Now I think with scale 1-100 I'll get in the 75-85. With the 50-100 scale what do you think I'd get? Pleasant surprise maybe???

tamster

Oh. I only need UAI of 70 to UNE B. A and B. Teaching. Anyone else doin' this??? Try being different. I want to do English, Maths and History!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Is anyone else thinking that they've been a little conservative in their preferences? ...I mean we can still change them after we get our uai can't we?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Iron woman said:
Is anyone else thinking that they've been a little conservative in their preferences? ...I mean we can still change them after we get our uai can't we?
I think so... but imagine how many people would be changing...bahaha... ah well.

Anyway, B Music (Composition) at the Conservatorium - UAI plus Interview

I aim for 86.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Iron woman said:
Don't put in your conservative ones No1. Just put what you'd most like to do as No 1 even if you think you don't have a chance in hell. You can still change after you get your UAI but a few friends of mine missed out because they did really well & got stuck doing course they didn't really want to do cos they thought they would never make it... it's a silly thing to do.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i guess im kinda lucky - the course i want 2 do is only a postgrad one and they dont care what undergrad course u do. im so grateful dat i dont have dat "OMG ive just GOT 2 get 99 or i cant do dat course" stress; though i'll be unhappy if i dont get at minimum 94 (even though i dont need anything near it;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)