Just wondering... (1 Viewer)

ane_st

HSC
im just wondering what mark people are getting for cafs...

does anyone have the problem that they may do well in assessments but when it comes to exams.. like not as well.... all my assessment marks and weighing and stuff, im on 94%, but im around 70% on my tests...

most exams require you to think quickly.. and i cant think quickly under pressure!!

bron

Bron
HSC
N/A
Dear Anne
I teach CAFS and the key to doing well is to know your syllabus intimately. By this i mean that you know the key headings in each section and can list the dot points. i teach my kids lots of stupid mnemonics. it has two advantages. 1. they remember the stuff and 2. they give me the info in the same order that i gave it to them thereby speeding up my marking. i think it is good to read the papers everyday and think about the issues in relation to CAFS.
Good luck with the HSC. At least CAFS is a subject where you will use the info after you leave school.
Bron

ane_st

HSC
bron said:
Dear Anne
I teach CAFS and the key to doing well is to know your syllabus intimately. By this i mean that you know the key headings in each section and can list the dot points. i teach my kids lots of stupid mnemonics. it has two advantages. 1. they remember the stuff and 2. they give me the info in the same order that i gave it to them thereby speeding up my marking. i think it is good to read the papers everyday and think about the issues in relation to CAFS.
Good luck with the HSC. At least CAFS is a subject where you will use the info after you leave school.
Bron
Actually my names Andrijana... Ane for short :):)

My teacher tells our class to remember the syllabus points as well... its the extended response Qs.. the 15marks one... it has alot of words in one sentence and it takes time to untangle it - thats the bit i get stuck at :S

k8ie

HSC
Im a bit like that...all my assessment marks have been pretty high and for my trials i only got 79%...i think it has a lil to do with people not remembering content and syllabus but a lot to do with the pressure of the exams and how much pressure people place on you

April2101

HSC
Im exactly the same. in most assessments i have gotten a mark of 90 or more....but with my exams im always around the high 70's. i have summmarised every syllabus point but i always seem to bum out in the extended responses q's c's. i think its cos they mix a few of the points into one question that confuses me!!

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
81% for my trials. i added up my marks and it came to 79% but christmas came early and my teacher gave me 3 more marks :)

ane_st

HSC
congrats!!!
i got 76% for mine.. im pretty :) with that considering i only studied the night b4 (my stupid trial timetable had 5 subjects in a row.. then two the next mon and tues...) and it was only worth 10% as well :):)

kelli

HSC
hey, i just finished my prelim course and i have already found that i have the exact same problem, every single person in our class has a much larger assessment percentage than exams....it's strange, especially when in all honesty the questions aren't THAT hard at all! our teacher tends to 'teach' from the text book a lot and it sucks butt! hope your exams go well and you get the marks you need! goodluck......

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
kelli said:
hey, i just finished my prelim course and i have already found that i have the exact same problem, every single person in our class has a much larger assessment percentage than exams....it's strange, especially when in all honesty the questions aren't THAT hard at all! our teacher tends to 'teach' from the text book a lot and it sucks butt! hope your exams go well and you get the marks you need! goodluck......
wow ur teacher sounds a bit sucky, maybe what u need to do is do ur own research...theres lots of great information that isnt in the cafs textbook, like newspaper reports, the australian institute for health and welfare website,
the australian institute of family studies website, 'issues in society' series...

for some things the textbook is great. but i think that a lotta the info can be out of date/not relevent. thats where external sources of info, like quoting the latest stats. and research are good :)

Last edited:

leeha

HSC
extended responses tend to get people...

just write the question out and make an essay plan. spend a couple of mins stucturing your essays, mind maps, headings, highlighting key words, making sure you UNDERSTAND the question....nothing worse that realisin you wrote 3 pages worth of nothing...

an example was that we had an essay worth 20% in term 3
it was evaluate how individuals and groups can satisfy lifestyle, career and status through work
only two people(me included hehehe) got full marks and then the next mark was like 10 because people didnt read the question...people didnt realise you had to write about individuals AND groups. it sounds silly now but it does happen wen your trying to think quick

i know alot of people say its not worth it and you just write, but seriously it helps so much to write out and highlight and such
my extended responses are always good because of it and thus brings your mark up..i got 89 for trials

goodluck kids
and a big goodluck to kids who have legal and then cafs...woooohooo
6 hour day go us

i dont kno if that info helped anyone..but yeah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)