Karting/ Imports (1 Viewer)

Jay_d_180sx

Anyone here race karts or go to the runs in Smithfield on sat nites? add me to msn if u wanna race me in car or kart. In karts i Have a Top Kart Enforcer with a Clubman and i also have an Azzurro Z3+ with a Rotax Max 125cc. For a car i now have a Daihatsu Charade 1.3L soon to be supercharged. I did have a VL Commodore but rolled it after an encounter with an animal..... I like drifting, and hopefully next year sometime i can own an RPS13 180sx with an SR20DET, but i want to drop an RB20DET in as it is still 2 ltr, but has stronger engine internals and will be easier to get higher output from. I want to run a large front mount, HKS t51R and an Apexi Power FC just to name a few. Anyone else like drifting here? ill show u wat i want my 180 to look similar to when i finish with it.

Hopefully my dyno charts will look something like this?

My manager from work, James Willard owns this nice Suzuki Swift. It is the winner of numerous Auto Salon Prizes, such as best interior. You may know of it as KBOOM. this is a picture of it before it was recently airbrushed.
This car runs 150KW at the wheels and has a rating of 140dB+ from the Rockford Fosgate 15's. After christmas you will see this car on the cover of HOT4's.

I will have a picture or 2 up when the airbrushing and other body details are complete. Thanks and add me to msn if u wanna chat jay_d_180sx@hotmail.com . Later

Last edited:

m3h_m3h

HSC
hehe i like ur style matey :D
but im more a sleeper type person.
i eventually wanna get a sil80/onevia, or an S13 convertible with a manual conversion (only 400 original S13 convertible). or possibly a drift spec cefiro with a phat RB25DET or RB30DET in it :D pimp style :p

Huss

HSC
N/A
i might import a gtr/gts r32, a silvia, 180sx, rx7, or an mr2. not too sure whatto get but ill prolly try to get the gtr :D

ze_goldenboy

HSC
I never reallised there was car enthusists on here

all you boys heading to Auto Salon this weekend?

head over to the hot4s forum
forum.hot4s.com.au

and thats a nice 180, just lose the wing

ze_goldenboy

HSC
Originally posted by Huss
i might import a gtr/gts r32, a silvia, 180sx, rx7, or an mr2. not too sure whatto get but ill prolly try to get the gtr :D
theres a heap of cars that are now available under the 15 year rule

theres a bit of a price difference in the cars you got there, just depends on how much money you can get i guess
R32's are looking like a good option these days

Huss

HSC
N/A
gtr rule :D...yeah since it will b available for import next year id love to get one

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by Jay_d_180sx
Anyone here race karts or go to the runs in Smithfield on sat nites? add me to msn if u wanna race me in car or kart. In karts i Have a Top Kart Enforcer with a Clubman and i also have an Azzurro Z3+ with a Rotax Max 125cc. For a car i now have a Daihatsu Charade 1.3L soon to be supercharged. I did have a VL Commodore but rolled it after an encounter with an animal..... I like drifting, and hopefully next year sometime i can own an RPS13 180sx with an SR20DET, but i want to drop an RB20DET in as it is still 2 ltr, but has stronger engine internals and will be easier to get higher output from. I want to run a large front mount, HKS t51R and an Apexi Power FC just to name a few. Anyone else like drifting here? ill show u wat i want my 180 to look similar to when i finish with it.
You own a Daihatsu Charade 1.3L and you are asking if anyone wants to race you. Sure, I'll race you, but only if there's some decent $ involved ;)

What area are you in?

Your plans for the 180 sound pretty good, BUT i'd stick with the SR20DET and upgrade to a rollerbearing turbo etc rather than going for the engine conversion, especially when the SR20 is already such a great engine to start with !

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by m3h_m3h
hehe i like ur style matey :D
but im more a sleeper type person.
i eventually wanna get a sil80/onevia, or an S13 convertible with a manual conversion (only 400 original S13 convertible). or possibly a drift spec cefiro with a phat RB25DET or RB30DET in it :D pimp style :p
hey whats the point of a sleeper? how often do you actually race so you can get that 'wow!' effect from other unsuspecting racers..?

and those cars you mentioned are SO not sleepers man ! ;)

ze_goldenboy

HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
You own a Daihatsu Charade 1.3L and you are asking if anyone wants to race you. Sure, I'll race you, but only if there's some decent $ involved ;)

What area are you in?

Your plans for the 180 sound pretty good, BUT i'd stick with the SR20DET and upgrade to a rollerbearing turbo etc rather than going for the engine conversion, especially when the SR20 is already such a great engine to start with !
also the RB is heavier, so your suspension needs to be set up right, or the handling will be a little odd

SR20 has a little less power but a little more torgue

to be honest it alot easier

but the RB20 conversion, my mate got quoted 5k for one, 180RWKW with new comp, brakes etc

not bad

ze_goldenboy

HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
hey whats the point of a sleeper? how often do you actually race so you can get that 'wow!' effect from other unsuspecting racers..?

and those cars you mentioned are SO not sleepers man ! ;)
how are they not man
sure in stovk form everyone with a clue knows what they can do, but keeping the car looking relatively stock gives the impression that it is stock

im not into the 'overdone' look anyway
you can race as much or as little as you like

just head out to the runs on a sunday night...if thats your thing

those charades can be pretty quick though, this guy i know has 4 of em
and the red one boots!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Jay_d_180sx said:

Hopefully my dyno charts will look something like this?

My manager from work, James Willard owns this nice Suzuki Swift. It is the winner of numerous Auto Salon Prizes, such as best interior. You may know of it as KBOOM. this is a picture of it before it was recently airbrushed.
This car runs 150KW at the wheels and has a rating of 140dB+ from the Rockford Fosgate 15's. After christmas you will see this car on the cover of HOT4's.

I will have a picture or 2 up when the airbrushing and other body details are complete. Thanks and add me to msn if u wanna chat jay_d_180sx@hotmail.com . Later
haha if only hey boss

SlipStream

HSC
What a tool. I mean, look at that Suzuki Ricebur- err, Swift. POS.

And who the fuck supercharges a Charade? Reserve blowers for Hondas at the most, bud. The bloke fails to recognise the fundamental difference between an the SR series and RB series. An SR20 is a four cylinder, and RB20 is a six cylinder... "dehr I'm the captain!"

This guy needs a clublock to the face.

Last edited:

Mr Will

HSC
SlipStream said:
What a tool. I mean, look at that Suzuki Ricebur- err, Swift. POS.

And who the fuck supercharges a Charade? Reserve blowers for Hondas at the most, bud. The bloke fails to recognise the fundamental difference between an the SR series and RB series. An SR20 is a four cylinder, and RB20 is a six cylinder... "dehr I'm the captain!"

This guy needs a clublock to the face.

damn straight

furthermore...an rb20det aint going to be putting out 180kw at the flywheel, let alone the wheels, as standard. of course it could, but not in stock form.

cameron_burnes

HSC
hey sorry, is there a book for dumbies on car mechenics and stuff. i personally own a 1991 toyota celica GT4 and a 1976 chrysler charger and i dont know half the shit i want to know about cars, but i dont want to become a mechenic
how do i learn all fo this stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)