the minimum cut-off in any uni for nursing is around 60

you guys think i can get in?

I'm an international student btw

any adv or disadv?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
KIMY there is always a way. The UAI is not the only way to get into courses. It may just take you a little longer. Seek another pathway to that Nursing Uni course.

Do some TAFE courses and become an Enrolled Nurse. You may not be able to just jump into the Nursing degree now but eventually.

Look here: http://www.dest.gov.au/archive/highered/eippubs/eip01_16/4.htm

In the mean time, I suggest joining St John Ambulance Operations Division and put some first aid skills into practice while learn some people and medical skills as you go - many St Johnnies go on to enter Nursing as Mature aged students or as Enrolled Nurses and find their St John work has been very beneficial. In fact, some even become Ambulance Officers as well or instead!

I hope this helps. Good luck. Remember, if you want it badly enough, you WILL get there.
----------------
EXTRACT FROM ABOVE WEBSITE:

Therefore, the entry points into a Bachelor of Nursing (or however titled) include:
  • Required tertiary entry score or however titled
  • Enrolled nursing
  • Certificate 4 / diploma / advanced diploma / other Bachelor degrees (including Bachelor of Midwifery)
  • Certificate 4 Aboriginal Health Worker
  • Special entry categories (eg. Mature aged entry)
Entry points into an enrolled nursing program include:
  • Completion of Year 11/12
  • Certificate 3 / other certificate 4 / diploma / advanced diploma / other Bachelor degrees
  • Special entry categories (eg. Mature aged entry)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
KIMY said:
i screwed up whole yr11 and yr12 shit

and received uai of 58.55

i wanted to do nursing course and i'm pretty sure

the minimum cut-off in any uni for nursing is around 60

you guys think i can get in?

I'm an international student btw

any adv or disadv?
I'm pretty sure that the minimum cut-off for nursing in UTS is around the 80's (about 83-84 to be more precise) and getting a UAI of 58.55 will place me in a position close to extended periods of anger and depression.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
If the cut-off is, indeed, 60, you could always have the chance of getting in through late rounds.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
its about 60 at uws. that's all i know. but you're pretty close and you may have a chance in the late offers.
besides, less people usually elect to go to uws than other universities (not being elitist or anything, that's just how it is) so you could even have a chance for second round offers there, if ur lucky. good luck.

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
Have you considered other states???
adelaide my be a long way from home but last year nursing at UNi SA was 56. something... or a bit lower... i'm not sure off the top of my head..
La trobe univeristy in bendigo victoria offers nursing with a uai in the high 50's i think...
You could also considered aged care or enrolled nursing at tafe..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)