Keane (1 Viewer)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
Have Keane become big in oz yet. I'm living in england and they have been HUGE for 6 months! Has anyone even heard of them? The next Coldplay or Oasis? any thoughts...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i just can't think why they haven't tried to spread while they've got such a huge base.

HSC
N/A
they're even more boring than coldplay. i didn't even think that was possible

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I like somewhere only we know and under the walnut tree. ;)

julian87

HSC
Nah they didnt make it over here, while some british bands have made it over here recently eg franz and coldplay.

Keane, the stands and razorlight all didnt break through into the australian music. Funny that as they are all a lot better than jet!.......but who isnt?

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Absolutely love them! But not sure about their popularity.

I only have "Hopes and fears"... did they have another album or something?

froglenn

HSC
N/A
I hate to say this, but a lot of the time I feel Keane are Coldplay-lite, Chaplin's voice (whilst great in his own way) lacks the emotion that the Martins, Yorkes and Buckleys of the world have. Sometimes the music sounds extremely generic and at other times, dull. The only song that I like from them is Somewhere Only We Know, the other 'hits' This is the Last Time, Everybody's Changing and Bedshaped have woeful lyrics and really lack the same emotional drive as some of Coldplay's work from Parachutes, e.g. We Never Change, Trouble, Shiver and of course, Yellow :p

scoby_2000

HSC
wat the hell....how are keane like coldplay??

i find keane to be much more harder with songs like "Bedshaped" and stuff...thats way to hard and rough for coldplay

i find keane more like Queen with their lack of formal structure in their music

i think they fuckn rock

ive been listening to em for a while now. bought the sheet music the other day which is excellent (though i also bought x&y...lol)

but still i find them nothing like coldplay

i think i like keane more than coldplay purely on their diversity...i find coldplay has found something their good at and are sticking with that one thing (e.g jack johnson, john mayer) though i love their style, i prefer when bands shift the spectrum a bit! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)