keep or drop ext 1? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey, so i've been procrastinating pretty hard this year for extension 1 and consequently fell super behind. With 2 unit I am fine though. I did really bad in my preliminary exam as I don't know almost all the preliminary topics which is the problem.

My first examination for maths is in the third week after the long holiday which gives me some leeway. My question is, would it be possible to catch up during this long holiday or would it be unrealistic? Reasons for keeping ext 1 would be that my school usually performs very well in maths, I have a great teacher, ill be picking up a tutor soon and its assumed knowledge for the degree I want to study.

Has anyone ever experience this?

Thanks

SomeBoredGuy

HSC
You've got lots of time to catch up with 3u. Spend your holidays going through khan academy/eddie woo videos and you'll be fine.

TheShy

HSC
You've got lots of time to catch up with 3u. Spend your holidays going through khan academy/eddie woo videos and you'll be fine.
Agreed, Eddie Woo has great videos where he easily elaborates whatever you need

DynamicMath

HSC
N/A
You need to ask yourself why are you doing Ext 1. If you want a career in science, technology or engineering then you will need Ext 1 to get straight into the university course you want. If you want a career in medicine, life sciences, economics etc then you should be able to get away with only doing the 2 Unit Advanced Maths. If you want a career that doesn't involve much maths, such as law, journalism, music and the arts, etc then it doesn't matter what level of maths you study so dropping Ext 1 will have little consequence. If you want to keep all your career options open, then you will need to work extremely hard to catch up on your Ext 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)