Keeping Mum (1 Viewer)

erin_tonkin

HSC
What did you think? I heard bad reviews but i thought it was a really good and deep film
So much about sadness in family life although was a bit disturbing i thought it was true and beautiful. The actors were really good and true as well

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Despite the reviews, I really enjoyed it! ^^ found it really laugh out loud funny, and all the other people in our small cinema laughed too. (Packed, but tiny cinema ^^ - Ok, So a cinema that fits 44 people.. ok, thats not a lot of people.. But hey, they all enjoyed it).
I think the reviewers were looking for more i don't know.. simple humour..

erin_tonkin

HSC
yeah a lot of the critisisim revolved around the fact that they thought the charecters were lame notably the father played by Rowan Atkinson. I thought he did such a good job and it was such a loveable charecter although he made you get a bit mad at him sometimes and wish you could yell at him to tell him what to do.
I thought the song of songs bit was just beautiful!!! brought a little tear to my eye

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Lame? Oh man, it wasnt' lame.. It was just a different type of humour compared to stupid So damn predictable/ hardly funny anymore american flicks. I like the good Old British ones (even though this had 'Lance- the american from Donnie Darko and stuff :p hehehe, Jim Cummingham-)
Grr, thats annoying to hear that.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I dont think the characters were meant to be completely serious anyway. So the "lameness" (which is not how i would classify it) is just part of the humour. I agree with Bunny in that Keeping Mum just adopts a different sort of humour compared to the cheap, class-less and frequently simple humour adopted by american films. I loved this film, for a laugh and even for a story. not as a serious story, mind you, but a quirky and chuckle-worthy one.

kylie_robbo

I saw it last night... It was an okay movie... I don't think it is a haha comedy, more of a dark comedy... Don't see it if you want a laugh... As for the characters and actors, I was a little disappointed with Rowan Atkinson's role playing the Reverend... I know he can act in character better, and that was a poor effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)