Keeping on the 'Friend' Side. (1 Viewer)

Gwenny

HSC
Ok, I have met this pretty awesome guy that I am really happy to be around, enjoy his company etc.

I am pretty sure that he wants something more than friendship. I don't.

How do I make sure it doesn't get out of hand, how can we stay friends without the bad/awkward feelings that could arise??

I also think that I could like one of his closer friends, is there any way I can get around this without hurting him, because I am quite certain that I would be 'off limits' now...which fucking sucks for me.

Last edited:

genril

Banned
HSC
say stuff like "god x is hot", keep hinting that you like his friend, he will get the message unless he is a dead shit.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
"you're like a brother"
"you're a great friend"
"its awesome how you don't see me as anymore than a friend"

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I had a friend, whom I was determined to keep only as a friend. Then we started going out and he makes an awesome boyfriend.

But yeah, if you're determined, just drop hints that are as subtle as a sledgehammer. Alternatively, talk to him openly about it. He might appreciate the directness of the latter approach, though it could be a little embarrassing for the both of you.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
i get a sudden urge to go on a murderous rampage whenever i see the ladder theory mentioned on this site

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
mr_brightside said:
"you're like a brother"
"you're a great friend"
"its awesome how you don't see me as anymore than a friend"

i did that still didnt get it, sne tme hate mail yo..

Callofduty2

HSC
N/A
Gwenny said:
Ok, I have met this pretty awesome guy that I am really happy to be around, enjoy his company etc.

I am pretty sure that he wants something more than friendship. I don't.

How do I make sure it doesn't get out of hand, how can we stay friends without the bad/awkward feelings that could arise??

I also think that I could like one of his closer friends, is there any way I can get around this without hurting him, because I am quite certain that I would be 'off limits' now...which fucking sucks for me.

just tell him without being a bitch mmk?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
i get a sudden urge to go on a murderous rampage whenever i see the ladder theory mentioned on this site
Agreed, what the fuck is wrong with people?

If you just wanna be friends then just be friends... never let it become anything more. If you think he's the kinda guy that's going to keep hounding you about it and you don't like that then weigh up if his friendship is worth it. Post on the internet about it too.

Azaan

HSC
alright this close to ma position nowadayz, we use to go out, but after a while u realize things would be better as friends etc. so try say that thingz are cool the way they are and that *mayb* in the future it can change, dun need to be 2specific on that, but it spreads the message that u aint ready for nything yet.

and about that "could like" his friends, be damn sure, otherwise he be hurt either way

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Azaan said:
*mayb* in the future it can change, dun need to be 2specific on that
Bit harsh to say that, isn't it? Keeps the poor kid hanging on in the hope that it'll change. I think it'd probably be better to lay down the 'never' card - that way, he doesn't have anything hanging over him if he wants to pursue other relationships.

Azaan

HSC
yeah u right, take away the mayb let him know the truth, if he all sad nstuff atleast it be temporary and its out of the way, BUT ITS UR CHOICE :wave:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
Why? because it explains why some girls rather be "just friends" with some guys and not with others? Is it because girls rather not be understood, that they have to be misunderstood...they just have to don't they?

maybe you abhor logic. I don't. The ladder theory has given me a straightforward explanation of why some relationships happen and some don't. So if a guy can't stop agonising over why he can't go out with her no matter what he does, what can he turn to to explain this apparent phenomenon!?

Unless you have a better theory of the way girls like to work, I'm sticking to my guns. I have girl friends at school and I coexist with them without a problem even though I am aware of this theory.
You're a dumb little bitch.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
dark, you realise the whole "ladder theory" thing was originally a satire until dumbasses like you started taking it seriously.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
You probably have a point, unliek Enteebee who just called me a bitch without pointing out wats so wrong.

I don't want to have a warped view of life, but sometimes these things seem to fit in with what I see everyday. If it is just satire, and has no true grounds (I've known its not scientific, but an interesting plausible theory) then I'm happy to let it go.

Apologies to all insulted by my views.
You're a little bitch.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I didn't ask for your life story, little bitch. Perhaps its possible that hey, I dunno, maybe girls just don't want to fuck every guy they meet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)