Kelsey Grammer presents The Sketch Show (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
Basically an American version of The Sketch Show with only one British person, Lee Mack, from the original series.

It was on 3:30pm on channel 7. It's not as funny as the British one. They basically just do the same skits.

Has the chick who plays Chloe from 24.

shsshs

HSC
yeh saw it.

some of the skits are taken form the british one

and some are re-done .. usually quite badly e.g. the "im swiss" one

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I watched it by mindlessly, just flicking through channels and there was nothing else good to watch. A few of the skits were good, others were a bit lame.

P

pLuvia

Same situation I was in, and plus I was eating so might as well watch it, thought it was the original one but hey.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
as always american humour cant do british humour (like the office). the british version is better, but some of them did make me laugh (the jockey one is hillarious)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
shortygb said:
as always american humour cant do british humour (like the office). the british version is better, but some of them did make me laugh (the jockey one is hillarious)
The American Office is pretty good. What they've done (after that nightmarishly blasphemous first episode) is just recontextualise the concept to fit american society -- they're no longer just copying the script and americanising it, thank god. Plus I'm in love with Pam just as much as I was with Dawn. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)