Kernal32.dll (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
Could someone plz help me with this problem

basically everytime i surf on the net for say .5 hr or using large amounts of computer resource when surfing, i get this message about Kernal32.dll has suffered some problem and when i close this error message, i get a blue screen which stuffs up the pc, what do i do?

(i've had problems with this thing for a long time now, i reformat and reinstalled my pc at least 5 times, and it still has this problem, i use WinME)

thanks so much 4 the help

Winston

HSC
first of all
Win Me
WAT ARE U FINKING
lol.. jks.. bad choice

Win ME equates to an alpha of a OS lol

well it can be caused by many reasons

what's the Blue screen error?

it can be a hardware fault, it can be Internet explorer playing up, or some programs casuing conflicts

could u explicity state whats running normally, when this error occurs.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry to say this, but Winston is right,
Windows Millennium Edition (ME) = junk.

Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
you'll be able to download the latest fixes/patches for Windows ME. (make sure you have plenty of time to download them, if you're on dialup).

del

HSC
N/A
hehe yup ME = Multiple Errors

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by del
hehe yup ME = Multiple Errors
haha excellent acronym

i think about the best benefit ME has, is a decrease in boot up time.. but the rest there is jack all improvement, err maybe system restore and yeah ME is ghey

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
ugh....WinME and kernel....*shivers*

upgrade to 2000 now......before u have to format

Soliah

Is WinME still even supported by MS? Last thing i remember was that MS stopped giving support to Win9x and WinNT, and since WinME is off a 9x kernel...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Soliah
Is WinME still even supported by MS?
Windows Millennium Edition enters the Entering Extended Support phase (effective date) at the end of this year, December 31st, 2003.

Support will still be offered, up until the Non-supported phase, starting one year after extended support has ended. That is, December 31st, 2004.

As Windows ME was introduced (date of general availability) in 2000, it's product life cycle support/availability effectively ends two years after the extended support phase. That is, December 31st, 2005.

Other points to mention:
"Although Windows Millennium Edition is currently in the Mainstream phase of the product life cycle, given that support volumes are low this product will also continue to follow the previously announced Windows Desktop Product Life-Cycle Guidelines."

For further details, please see this page:
Windows Desktop Product Life Cycle Support and Availability Policies for Consumers
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycleconsumer.mspx

:)

Last thing i remember was that MS stopped giving support to Win9x and WinNT, and since WinME is off a 9x kernel...
Windows NT's life cycle ended last year, December 2002.
Windows 98 and 98SE has been extended until 2005.

Point to mention:
"Microsoft will offer paid incident support on Windows 98/98 SE through January 16, 2004. Windows 98/98 SE downloads for existing security issues will continue to be obtainable through normal assisted support channels at no charge during this time. Customers can request Windows 98/98 SE fixes for new security issues and these requests will be reviewed. Fixes for any new security issues can be specifically requested through normal assisted support channels."

"Web-based self-help support will be available for at least one year after assisted support has concluded. Mainstream support for Windows 98/98 SE ended on June 30th 2002, and no-charge incident support and extended hotfix support ends on June 30th 2003."

Taking the long-winded way to answer your question, "Yes" Microsoft still support Windows ME, although it is being phased out earlier than had been expected, compared with Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition :)

Winston

HSC
Is WinME still even supported by MS? Last thing i remember was that MS stopped giving support to Win9x and WinNT, and since WinME is off a 9x kernel...

um no...

u got it wrong

Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 is declared officially unsupported, and is abandoned ware

Windows 98 is soon to be over as well in a 2 yrs

Win ME still got 3 -4 yrs i think

Microsoft is eventually phasing out their older products and moving people to NT based OS's

with the inception of the Office 2003 Suite, it will not work on 9x based PC's , so Office XP was the last version that was compatible with most Windows OS

The reason for this move was because of security issues which 2K and XP handles better thus making Office 2003 exclusive to OS's 2k or greater

Huy

HSC
N/A
"Win ME still got 3 -4 yrs i think"
- December 31, 2005 end of life. (no online help available after this date).

"The reason for this move was because of security issues which 2K and XP handles better..."
- They were probably getting tired of writing two sets of code for the 9X line as well as the NT kernel. :D

Security issues = Stability issues?
They go hand-in-hand with the 9X (95, 98, ME) kernel.
The way of the future: 2000, XP, Longhorn.
Or, if you'd prefer:
"Microsoft Windows System 2005 Longhorn Professional .NET Enterprise Edition" (This is a joke by the way, mocking MS's nomenclature/naming conventions :p)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
"Win ME still got 3 -4 yrs i think"
- December 31, 2005 end of life. (no online help available after this date).

"The reason for this move was because of security issues which 2K and XP handles better..."
- They were probably getting tired of writing two sets of code for the 9X line as well as the NT kernel. :D

Security issues = Stability issues?
They go hand-in-hand with the 9X (95, 98, ME) kernel.
The way of the future: 2000, XP, Longhorn ;)
PSSH wrting for multiple platforms hard?

nah its quite flexible to port, since MS do employ the finest engineers

and... it's just the fact that as you stated the windows rights management is implemented in the Office 2k3 , and it's only a 2k and xp based feature

but i fink this too is just a push for users to upgrade to OS's

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
[B
"Microsoft Windows System 2005 Longhorn Professional .NET Enterprise Edition" (This is a joke by the way, mocking MS's nomenclature/naming conventions :p) [/B]
PLEASE DONT ADD .NET

people are getting totally mixed up with what .NET actually is..

is it actually a new convention for naming schemes

or is it actually something

more so the .NET initiative is the programming side, and revolving around the Passport

Microsoft, wants everyone to enter their world of services powered by .NET using just one sign in ID,

thats the only reason why Windows 2k3 got named 2003 instead of Windows.NET

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
but i fink this too is just a push for users to upgrade to OS's
Monopolies (that, in itself, is funny) are always demanding more and more bling-bling ($$$).

It's Microsoft, what do you expect.
Every now and again, to please their MSDN customers, they release a patch or two, maybe a new build every day, one or two Service Packs and a "new" OS (note: "new" :p).

I've never bent over backwards for MS, but I'm not a fanboy either hehehe.

Microsoft, wants everyone to enter their world of services powered by .NET using just one sign in ID
Even Bill Gates himself doesn't "truly/wholly" understand his whole .NET concept! It's really "something else" or the vision/concept of unifying X, Y and Z technologies.

The .NET initiative, is infact different to the Trustworthy Computing initiative. However, the idea behind having a single Password/".NET" account :)p) simplifies and eases the transfer and overall maintenance of usernames and passwords.

Imagine having Windows 2003 Server renamed to one of their original ideas: "Windows .NET Web Server Edition", throw in "2003" and it simplifies it to some extent.

The same can be said for the IPT trial paper, there (might) be some users who don't know what "Windows XP" is, so having it in the multiple choice section may have been ambiguous, if there was a query asking for "OS>=98" (which was the case).

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Monopolies (that, in itself, is funny) are always demanding more and more bling-bling ($$$).

Every now and again, to please their MSDN customers, they release a patch or two, maybe a new build every day, one or two Service Packs and a "new" OS (note: "new" :p).

MSDN customers? lol...

ummm MS customers hehe

unless ur telling me only MSDN customers are entitiled to patches lol

but hey MS is quite successful, i mean after all its a business,

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy

Even Bill Gates himself doesn't "truly/wholly" understand his whole .NET concept! It's really "something else" or the vision/concept of unifying X, Y and Z technologies.

The .NET initiative, is infact different to the Trustworthy Computing initiative. However, the idea behind having a single Password/".NET" account :)p) simplifies and eases the transfer and overall maintenance of usernames and passwords.

Imagine having Windows 2003 Server renamed to one of their original ideas: "Windows .NET Web Server Edition", throw in "2003" and it simplifies it to some extent.

The same can be said for the IPT trial paper, there (might) be some users who don't know what "Windows XP" is, so having it in the multiple choice section may have been ambiguous, if there was a query asking for "OS>=98" (which was the case).

that is quite true.. but im sure Billy will get there lol...

the naming convention is a little over used thats all i guess..

Huy

HSC
N/A
MSDN customers? lol...
ummm MS customers hehe
unless ur telling me only MSDN customers are entitiled to patches
Yes, I meant MSDN customers. (Microsoft Developer Network).
They are always pushing, alongside TechNet to get patches out and Microsoft has to keep their customers happy. It's part of their agreement (I have read this somewhere).

For example, MS customers need funds to be injected into certain areas, so one way of doing this is to push for further upgrades. When you talk about patches, and "MSDN customers" being entitled to patches, this isn't necessarily the case. MSDN customers are entitled to beta, cd images and other support documents, (since they are paying through the nose for it!).

Yes, MS is successful :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Yes, I meant MSDN customers. (Microsoft Developer Network).
They are always pushing, alongside TechNet to get patches out and Microsoft has to keep their customers happy. It's part of their agreement (I have read this somewhere).

For example, MS customers need funds to be injected into certain areas, so one way of doing this is to push for further upgrades. When you talk about patches, and "MSDN customers" being entitled to patches, this isn't necessarily the case. MSDN customers are entitled to beta, cd images and other support documents, (since they are paying through the nose for it!).

Yes, MS is successful :)

its dependeint on ur MSDN Subscruption

the best subscription, u get everything, betas, bloddy windows, win 2k3 all for downloads w00tness
if i only i knew sum 1 who does

Huy

HSC
N/A
its dependeint on ur MSDN Subscruption
Yes, the MSDN Universal subscription, which I was alluding to.
It's a couple of thousand smacko's per year. (Cha-ching! $$$)

Yep, with the MSDN universal account, you get everything.
I'm only interested in the CDs and support material/articles, but of course, the occasional beta isn't too bad.

if i only i knew sum 1 who does
Have you read about the 'hacking' incident? Access was given to all sections. Eventually MS shut down BetaPlace for a while to fix up their systems. Connexion I think it was had been the storage location (where MS Premium customers DL).

Everything eventually slips out into the mainstream/public anyway, you're not missing out on anything.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Yes, the MSDN Universal subscription, which I was alluding to.
It's a couple of thousand smacko's per year. (Cha-ching! $$$)

Yep, with the MSDN universal account, you get everything.
I'm only interested in the CDs and support material/articles, but of course, the occasional beta isn't too bad.

Have you read about the 'hacking' incident? Access was given to all sections. Eventually MS shut down BetaPlace for a while to fix up their systems. Connexion I think it was had been the storage location (where MS Premium customers DL).

Everything eventually slips out into the mainstream/public anyway, you're not missing out on anything.

um yea i know ive been in the zeraw scene for about 4 yrs now..
but im just a bit lazy for it...
wen it comes to getting alphas or betas, i get it straight out of the oven

we get it faster than MSDN subscribers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)