HSC
N/A
Stop with the name-calling guys.
Let's keep BOS sane :)

(Ya bunch of.... :p)

jayz

walking
Eh.... YES....
Thanks 4 all your help, greatly appreciated!
Now, i truly understand the insanity in using WinME and its potentially destructive effects when brought up as a subject into any internet forum.
Anyway... I use WinME because 1stly me PC is only 650mhz with 125mbram and a crapy 4mb videocard with an embarassingly small 10g hard drive, by the way, i don't use WinXP, Win2000, etc cause IBM PCs seem to run really slow with those OS, again i know how crap IBM is and how dumb i am, but um... let's get to the pt

when i receive the error message and i repeat, i close or clik 'ok' on the message, a blue screen comes up telling me i have encountered some crazy numerical error (i'll get bak to u on that number), anyway, continuing my operations, i press the ESC key and is met with an white box with black fonts telling me i am running low on resource and i should shut down some programs to 'save' the pc, i therefore follow the instructions which leds me to futher problems involving low resources and eventually a complete freeze.

i would be much appreciative, if i could get some form of help which does not involve any message of hatred against WinME

p.s. i hate WinME and planning to get a new pc after HSC

THanks

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jayz
Eh.... YES....
Thanks 4 all your help, greatly appreciated!
Now, i truly understand the insanity in using WinME and its potentially destructive effects when brought up as a subject into any internet forum.
Anyway... I use WinME because 1stly me PC is only 650mhz with 125mbram and a crapy 4mb videocard with an embarassingly small 10g hard drive, by the way, i don't use WinXP, Win2000, etc cause IBM PCs seem to run really slow with those OS, again i know how crap IBM is and how dumb i am, but um... let's get to the pt

when i receive the error message and i repeat, i close or clik 'ok' on the message, a blue screen comes up telling me i have encountered some crazy numerical error (i'll get bak to u on that number), anyway, continuing my operations, i press the ESC key and is met with an white box with black fonts telling me i am running low on resource and i should shut down some programs to 'save' the pc, i therefore follow the instructions which leds me to futher problems involving low resources and eventually a complete freeze.

i would be much appreciative, if i could get some form of help which does not involve any message of hatred against WinME

p.s. i hate WinME and planning to get a new pc after HSC

THanks
like i stated earlier on in my relevant post

i cant help u with such vague details

i need to know allt the running processes main ones... i.e. applications running..

what types of task are u doing, e.g. gfx editing.. music, surfing the net, playing a game etc...

jayz

walking
Thanks 4 helping

The background operations I have running, r Norton Antivirus 02, MSN messenger, sometimes MS wordXP and that's it.
Often the error occurs when I close an IExplorer window while surfing the net, but just recently when using Adobe Photoshop I received the same error, sometimes I also get this error when scrolling using my trackpoint.

I have updated my IExplorer to 6.0, but not yet for the other critical update packages, I will do that soon.

Thanks

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jayz
Thanks 4 helping

The background operations I have running, r Norton Antivirus 02, MSN messenger, sometimes MS wordXP and that's it.
Often the error occurs when I close an IExplorer window while surfing the net, but just recently when using Adobe Photoshop I received the same error, sometimes I also get this error when scrolling using my trackpoint.

I have updated my IExplorer to 6.0, but not yet for the other critical update packages, I will do that soon.

Thanks

good try the updates first

photoshop will definately eat your system.... with that little RAM... its got quite a bit memory flaws in it so yeah becareful with that software

jayz

walking
i c
i am planning to buy a new pc after HSC, can u suggest to me a resonable priced and performable graphics card and sound card?

thanks

Huy

HSC
N/A
Winfast Geforce4 A280 DDR 128MB 8XAGP MyvivoTi4200 DUAL DISPLAY $228.00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card $210.00

That's if you want a reasonably priced and performable video and sound card.

If money is an issue, take a look at onboard sound options (I'm using my 5.1 onboard, as I'm not that much of a music freak).

SB Live or Audigy cards should be okay, but if you're looking at the Extigy range or Audigy 2, you'll need to spend more.

Also, 256MB video cards are about $900+ right now, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, take a look at the ATi Radeon series (9000, or 9200, as the 9600/9800 are pricey too).

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Winfast Geforce4 A280 DDR 128MB 8XAGP MyvivoTi4200 DUAL DISPLAY $228.00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card $210.00

That's if you want a reasonably priced and performable video and sound card.

If money is an issue, take a look at onboard sound options (I'm using my 5.1 onboard, as I'm not that much of a music freak).

SB Live or Audigy cards should be okay, but if you're looking at the Extigy range or Audigy 2, you'll need to spend more.

Also, 256MB video cards are about $900+ right now, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, take a look at the ATi Radeon series (9000, or 9200, as the 9600/9800 are pricey too).
Huy man wtf do u reackon jayz is made of a bank ? lol....

and its not quite necessary unless jayz uses the computer alot for hardcore

i would advise you to either get a OEM PC, if your not a computer type in terms of configuriing etc.. i.e. IBM, DELL, COMPAQ, whatever OEM PC, look for the ads in the price range you want post it on here we'll advise u if it's good or not

or if u wantmake a custom PC, with a nforce 2 motherboard with onboard GPU and sound, and grab urself a amd athlon 2500 xp
and also a 512 DDR 3200 Kingston, and watever HDD size u want, i'd say get a basic Seagate 80 gig Baracuda, and burners pfft they cost like 80 bucks now, if u wanna burn DVD's u can invest in one, they cost from 280 and up

and ur set... the rest can be obtained pretty much off ur desire

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
Huy man wtf do u reackon jayz is made of a bank ? lol....
lol he wanted good value for money, without spending TOO much (ie top of the line $900 video cards, $600 sound cards, etc) -- $200 for both a video and sound card isnt that expensive in my opinion,

but there are always other alternatives, as you've noted,
$100 video card, $50 sound card
"you get what you pay for"

ordinarily, users will want a 128MB graphics as a minimum these days with a pci sound card, unless, of course, he is on a budget so he can just use the onboard sound (like me :D) if he wants to free up a pci slot and have the basic mp3 playing in the background, nothing fancy.

i dont know about jayz usage, but everyone is becoming a 'hardcore' pc user these days :D
if he's not interested in custom building, then yes, an OEM will be fine 'to get the job done'.

:)

jayz

walking
guys, thanks for the advice, in terms of price, is it cheaper to buy a useable laptop in AUS or some where in Asia, and which brand would u recommend for graphics design use (other than SONY)

thanks (any price up to 3000aud is alright)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
roflz :)

either stolen or a great bargain~~

for those who've been to hong kong - golden centre in sham shui po = NUMBER ONE PLACE FOR COMPUTER STUFF!

eheheh 5 levels or so of cheap computer parts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)