• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Kevin Rudd (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
Iron woman said:
Rudd is the geek. The canberra geek. Everything points to this, from his haircut and glasses, to his bureaucratic monotone voice.
spot on, its fine hearing Rudd every now and then but if he is gonna become leader then he is gonna need to spice up his image...... and his voice (argh sometimes its so irritating)
anyway i suppose he has some potential... forget julia gillard though... kim remains best choice although that could be flogging a dead horse..

go Peter Beattie for labor leader !!!(not coz im a queenslander but coz hes cool :uhhuh: )

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Rudd could be PM, i said it... and Bob Carr said it too.

I honestly believe that Rudd is the sorta person the majority of people prefer as PM, look at John Howard he's a nerd, Hawke? A drunk, but still a nerdy bloke.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think a fair bit of it had to do with image, John Howard changed his image a fair bit before 1996.

Anyway I think Kim would be closer to who Hawk was however I think if anyone's going to beat Costello it would be Rudd, they seem to both be pretty nerdy boring personalities.

edit: Yea, and now look how Labor are during Question time, laughed at constantly by the Libs.. Labor has lost alot of what it used to be. I don't think the country has REALLY moved to the right more, it's just that Labor doesn't have the strength & character that used to resonate to people so they've chosen the nerd they kno over the other boring people they don't really know.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Quite simply you can't have Rudd, if Costello is going to take over the Liberals, you need at least one person with some resemblence of a personality going for Prime Minister.

Is it really worth the risk?

edit: grr damn image code

Last edited:

Adrian.

HSC
Xayma said:
you need at least one person with some resemblence of a personality going for Prime Minister.
Like John Howard? I think Rudd has quite a good personality, he gives as good as he gets to the likes of John Safran and the CNNNN crew. At least this shows that he is prepared to have a laugh (even at himself/Labor). Costello's personality extends to pulling faces in parliament and John Howard doesn't have one.

-Edit- On second reading of your post Xayma I think you might have been saying that Costello/Rudd/Howard(?) all don't have personalities, I agree with this except Rudd.

Last edited:

RIZAL

HSC
Rudd is fluent in Mandarin. That would really be something - an Australian PM that speaks Chinese.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
They have personalities *rolleyes*, just because they aren't wild, crazy and always making jokes doesn't mean they don't have a personality.
I know, it was more a jab at Rudd. I would prefer Beazley over Rudd as Prime Minister, and Rudd seems to have less of an outgoing personality.

Im not so superficial as to want one over the other due to their personalities.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's just good that Latham's gone though. He scared me.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, back to past they go... Unless Gillard and her supporters manage to surprise us all, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)