Kevin Rudd's Friend Deficiency (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
says Labor backbencher.
http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=271303

Rudd's friend deficit
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
The Opposition leader's foibles will be overlooked as long as the polls remain good for Labor.
We always knew Kevin Rudd was not going to win a popularity contest. Especially in the caucus room.

But then again, winning the Labor leadership has never been about being liked. Which is just as well for Kevin, really.
I knew all that. But I admit to being stunned and more than a little shocked at the acidity of the venom directed at Rudd last week when I visited a certain backbencher - and a Labor backbencher at that - in his Parliament House office. We're all grown-ups here, but none the less, it would be improper to quote this Labor backbencher in full.
Indeed, the C word featured so prominently in this Labor man's description of his boss that I started to shift uncomfortably in my chair after a few minutes. Now, around here the C word can be a term of endearment or the ultimate pejorative. Our backbencher, I'm certain, was applying it in the latter.
For in front of C, he used - unprompted - the following adjectives:
Friendless.
Cynical.
Autocratic.
Egotistical.
Narcissistic.
Short-tempered.
Thin-skinned.
Condescending.
Smart-arse.
"He does not," the backbencher said, "have a friend in the place. But then Kevin is one of those people who has seen no need for friends in politics."

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

Re: Kevin Rudd is a cunt with no friends...

haha. Any politician will say anything when they insist on being unnamed.

They will probably just benefit from a Rudd loss, and thus want to say these things in a hope to make it happen.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

Hahaha...based on nothing other than my arrogance I would have branded Rudd those for humors sake but that guy went ahead and did it all for me.

HSC

oh ok i won't vote for him then.

Don't want to look uncool

X

xeuyrawp

Musk said:
I preferred the fat man then super cunt from day one.

He's exactly like latham.
Yeah. Intelligent, cultured, well-spoken, a pragmatic-religious, decent family background, hard-working... I can see the resemblance? :confused:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC

Ya think John Howard is personally liked in the party room? The Party put him out to dry for 10 years and only went to him after Downer.

He's only liked when his party members believe he will ensure that get to keep their seats.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Pwar: While Latham never soared to the great heights that Rudd has in the opinion polls, he did come close, and people loved his freshness and tenacity (much the same as with Rudd), but a lot of people forget this and instead replace it with the revisionism that's occurred since his fall from grace.

wheredanton: Yes, I know, but as you've said in the past, nobody in Australia outside my insular group of friends really loves Howard. The entire nation's infatuated with St Kevin's wonderful personality and here you have a backbencher labelling him a cunt ten times in one interview, gives me hope that come the end of 2008 I'll be walking into Dymocks to pick up a copy of the Rudd Diaries.

Last edited:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC

withoutaface said:
wheredanton: Yes, I know, but as you've said in the past, nobody in Australia outside my insular group of friends really loves Howard. The entire nation's infatuated with St Kevin's wonderful personality and here you have a backbencher labelling him a cunt ten times in one interview, gives me hope that come the end of 2008 I'll be walking into Dymocks to pick up a copy of the Rudd Diaries.
I never said anything like that. Please find me a post where I have said that 'nobody in Australia outside your insular group of friends likes John Howard'.

I acknowledge that many people like/love John Howard as PM and that he is very popular all over Australia and has been one of the most popular PM's in history.

As for St Rudd, I'm rather indifferent. He's about as exciting as a bible camp.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

withoutaface said:
HAhahahahaa...you'd buy it?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

wheredanton said:
I never said anything like that. Please find me a post where I have said that 'nobody in Australia outside your insular group of friends likes John Howard'.

I acknowledge that many people like/love John Howard as PM and that he is very popular all over Australia and has been one of the most popular PM's in history.

As for St Rudd, I'm rather indifferent. He's about as exciting as a bible camp.
I don't think Howard has been or will ever be one of the most popular PM's in history because he hasn't done much in terms of delivering significant reforms or preserving some legacy (as the conservative corollary of reform). He will certainly never be conferred similar status as figures like Whitlam, Chifley, Menzies or Hawke.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah, what a double standard. Is it a post-Menzies rule that Labor leaders have to be charismatic rogues, while Libs are jo-everymans? Hardly I say. Har.

I think Rudd is certainly opportunistic and power-hungry, but in my view he has a proper purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)