KFC vs Maccas (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I work at maccas and recommend it. Not only does it look better on a resume, but from what my friends have said about KFC, it's not too appetising to work at. Just wait for some KFC stories to come out, like how they make the gravy.

A friend of mine said that they have hazings :p

HSC
out of those, definitely maccas .. like someone else said, they have great training programs which can lead to positions much higher up. plus they're super anal about cleanliness/hygiene/customer service, so i guess what you learn there will put you in good stead for other jobs.

one of my friends got offered a job at subway, she's 17 and they said she'd be getting six dollars-something an hour. surely that can't be legal.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mwahahahaha, the KFC gravy....i shall reveal the secret

1. Chicken pressure cooked cooked in lard, basically, lots of lard
2. everynite, lard goes through a filter machine
3. stuff left at the bottom of the pressure cooker (i.e. lard and bits of chicken) is the gravy! YUM!

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
nop, that's not how you make gravy. they have packets of powders prepared (so they don't reveal recipe to employees, or potential spies) and all you do is add boiling water to then, then mix lots and pour into containers with potato in them. potato also came in powder form, don't think it's really potato, just tastes like it. it's quite a grotty process.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
snow in summer said:
nop, that's not how you make gravy. they have packets of powders prepared (so they don't reveal recipe to employees, or potential spies) and all you do is add boiling water to then, then mix lots and pour into containers with potato in them. potato also came in powder form, don't think it's really potato, just tastes like it. it's quite a grotty process.
some stores do it that way, but my store did it the way i described....i did work there, i actually made gravy.

lol, neither ways are how you make gravy IMHO

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
crap stuff, what would you do if a co-worker were bitching about you? what does customer service mean to you? if you received a complaint from customer what would you do? up to 5 questions, then they score you out of 15. then you do 70 multiple choice questions like "it is okay to steal from work if you think you're underpaid" a. strongly agree, b. agree, c don't know, d. disagree, e strongly disagree. you technically are required to pass but when they're desperate for workers, ie understaffed, they'd take anyone who came along.
btw, anybody else who works at a kfc store, are you supposed to get 1.5 on sundays? our store doesn't but i think it did before, not sure. just wanted to check.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
ooh, also, people who work at fastfood outlets - kfc maccas anywhere. how do you bludge at work? obviously it gets boring standing around lots and getting told to do stuff if you do stand around. what do you do to look like you're doing something but are really just bludging?
nb. i believe we need not feel any guilt in sharing ideas because the whole industry is designed to exploit junior workers. i mean, no doubt about that! time to have our own back, learn to bludge a little. in fact, go the bludgers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
D.Larie said:
Which would you rather work at?
I tried McDonalds before and didn't like it much.
KFC is probably less confusing.
Probably neither, but depends on work load, pay rate, hot chicks working there, pace of work, etc

stainmepink

HSC
oooh! a friend of a friend of mine worked at kfc (the one near kograh) and anyway, she slipped cuz the floor was wet and she stuck her hand out to balance herself and she stuck her hand into the deep fryer.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
gobaby said:
oooh! a friend of a friend of mine worked at kfc (the one near kograh) and anyway, she slipped cuz the floor was wet and she stuck her hand out to balance herself and she stuck her hand into the deep fryer.
lol what a dumb ass. she shouldnt work there is she is so clumsy

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
does anyone the pay rates for both maxccas and KFC. who gets more. i tihnk its maccas but by how much?

dre

HSC
hey does anyone know wat maccas or any fast food place are hiring?????

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
MACCAS is better for future emplyment prospects...employers reckon the Maccas training is good. Plus most of da ppl that work at KFC are dodgey LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)