KGai or City? (1 Viewer)

MattMMM

I am thinking of doing Business (I will probably make the KGai campus and perhaps make the City one), so which campus is better. I've heard the city campus is very very dull while the KGai campus is much more lively. So what are your opinions.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Which is easier for you to travel to from home? That should be a pretty big consideration.

Apparently KG is nice, but city campus has the advantage of being in the city... plus I've heard that a lot of people from the business faculty hang out at markets bar......

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I don't got the either, but from what I'm told neither has the best social life...... But KGai has trees!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I would recommend City over Kuring-gai if you have the UAI. There are a lot more shops and things to do in the City. Also, there are a lot more students doing it at the City, hence more class options. Some of the subjects are only offered in certain semesters at Kuring-gai while in the City they are usually offered every semester, hence more flexibility in your degree. Also, some of the less popular majors aren't even offered at Kuring-gai for which you might have to come down to the City to do anyways.

Hope this helps!

epsilon

HSC
I got the same question as MattMMM here. I could go to Kuring-Gai to do B. Business (Accounting). Anybody knows which majors are not offered in Kuring-gai? Does that mean that I can't take those majors at all, or that I would have to travel to the City campus to take it? ASAP info much appreciated!!!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
As i replied in the other thread, if your major isn't available at Kuring-gai, or your electives, then you can do them at the City campus. That is fine with the uni. You can even sometimes take your final exams in the City if its closer for you (with special approval from the subject coordinator of course!).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
That handbook entry is for the BAcct degree. You want the handbook entry for the BBus which is at:

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/bus/ug/c10026.html

That won't answer your question though. You will to ask the university directly as they change every year. Alternatively, you could go have a look at the 2005 timetable at http://timetable.uts.edu.au (if you can work out how it works :p) and see what subjects are available at City and Kuring-gai by typing in the subject numbers from your majors (the subject numbers are taken from the link above).

MattMMM

I checked just earlier, there are about 6 majors that aren't offered at both. Roughly 3 are only at the City, and 3 only at Kuring-gai. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what they are. If you are going to the advisory day tomorrow I'm sure they can tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)