• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Kidney functioning?< (1 Viewer)

ram14

HSC
Hey People.
Had some questions from my assement marking criteria i cant find much on, so if you have any good sites or any help will be much appreciated:

1)Identifies the problem by describing the function that the kidney is not performing at a cellular level.

2)Outlines the symptoms (or microscopic changes) produced by kidney malfunction.

3)Evakuates the technoogical solutions to the identified problems related to kidney malfunction.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
1) I think you may need to identify specific kidney diseases and relate specific disease to the abnormality at the ceullular level. e.g. what's wrong with the various kidney cells?

2) What are the general symptoms of the whole kidney, and what are the histological changes in the cells of the kidney?

3) What are the current treatment of kidney diseases and how useful are they??

I'm pretty sure you can find all these info online.

pet*pet

HSC
Survivor39 said:
1) I think you may need to identify specific kidney diseases and relate specific disease to the abnormality at the ceullular level. e.g. what's wrong with the various kidney cells?

I'm pretty sure you can find all these info online.
would the causes be relavent? eg..diabetes... bcos im finding lotsa troubles finding info on that or maybe im jus shyt at researching.. =.=

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yes the causes are definitely relevant. Some kidney diseases are of autoimmune in nature, some are genetics. Diabetes may have an indirect effect on the kidneys but I wouldn't use that as a "cause" of kidney diseases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)