Kids, is it really worth the trouble? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
I don't want them. They're awful.
Hahaha. I have a similar response when people ask me what I'm doing at uni.

"What're you doing at uni?"
"Education."
"Oh. Primary or high school?"
"High school. I'd never do primary. I hate kids."

Having said that, though... I want kids.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm the total opposite to you justin. ok, sure i couldnt stand teaching kids under at least 5, but i SO couldnt stand teaching highschool kids...i'd wanna kick them in the butts (espically the older ones). primary kids are just so innocent!

as for my own kids, i've had enough experience with little ones to realistically say yeah....it'll be hard at times, but there's definitely more good than bad in the long run

iamsickofyear12

HSC
alby said:
there's definitely more good than bad in the long run
I think it's the opposite. For me there is definitely more bad than good. I figure you might get a couple good hours a week out of them compared to about 40 or 50 of time wasted looking after them. Then on top of that they cost a lot of money and completely strip you of your freedom.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1) dont have them till you're ready to (financially, emotionally, etc)
2) a lot of people concentrate on the things they've been told about being woken up numerous times a night, smelly nappies, fighting with their kids when they're older, etc. i've worked with a fair few kids (currently working with a now 7 month old a few days a week). when you sit back from all of the neg and think about the life you've created (or may/will create) and what it can/has achieved thanks a lot to you, i think you'd be pretty happy....come back to me when/if you have kids and see if you've changed

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I certainly don't want kids, yet. But perhaps in the future my mind will have changed. Having said that I never want to give birth to a baby, I never want to be pregnant.

This is also for 'recommendations' from physiotherapists/chiropractors for medical reasons, not just my own personal choice. However, if I did fall pregnant, I wouldn't abort it unless I couldn't carry it cos of my spine.

Adoption (*if* I and my husband (whombever its may be) decide we want children) is definately something I'd be open to, when we're both ready.

At the moment though I definately don't fro the following reasons

1- Uni/Study
2- Not ready Mentally
3- Not ready Financially
4- Travelling
5- Career
6- Have a bf, not in love...yet. Need to be with someone I love before I have children

HSC
sure! but only after ive finished uni and travelled and worked a bit too save up.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
christ... kids
its not that i dont want them, its more than i cant (at this point anyways) ever see myself settling down enough to be able to keep a human being other than myself and my partner alive. i want to travel, i want to be a nomad i want to be irresponsible till im dead. how could i ever do that with a kid?
le sigh. i dont want life to catch up with me

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I adore my nephews to bits and I love being the uncle because I get to spoil them rather than raise them. However thats not to say I wouldn't love having a child of my own one day ... but it just would have so many complications attached (adoption laws for gay couples - eek, surrogate mothers - insanely expensive, co-parenting with lesbian couple - relative lack of parental rights plus legislative problems thanks to howard) that its just far more feasible for me to just spoil my nephews and be content with that.

lengy

HSC
I like the idea of becoming the cool uncle with the sportcar who takes his nieces and nephews around in it.

Skeeta

HSC
My b/f wants like, 12 kids. I told him to find a jamacian prostitute to carry his children, because I sure as hell wont be doing it.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I always say that I never ever ever would, but I think I probably will end up having a few babies. Apparently it will help me grow up if I can live out my childhood funtimes vicariously through a kid.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hey zoe, if we ever have kids i want my kids to be friends with your kids
deal?
sweet

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Atticus. said:
hey zoe, if we ever have kids i want my kids to be friends with your kids
deal?
sweet
of course! they will be part of an elite group of cool kids. :cool:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
we can make them start a band that embraces both our musical roots. and they will start a new age of musical splendor

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
nah, it will probably be old age spewsick bender.

Pace_T

HSC
i reckon it wudnt be that bad having them.. i dont want them when im too old i wanna still be hip n trendy lol
but evry time i see sum little spastic in the shops im like oh im so not gona have em.. so my mind changes all the time :p

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I like the idea of becoming the cool uncle with the sportcar who takes his nieces and nephews around in it.
Haha, same. Or the uncle who does some sort of pro job like engineering or law and then busts out the electric guitar.

But a sportscar would rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)