king effin lear (1 Viewer)

Fly Kite

HSC
hey guys i got this question for an essay and im unsure in how to do it.

Plays like King Lear have appeal even today because of their universal and timeless themes. How true is this statement?
[FONT=&quot]Justify your response with a critical analysis of the language, context and structure.[/FONT]

what are some themes and contexts of king lear?

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL ERIC.
use sparknotes or something x]

Sgt McMuffins

HSC
lol go to spark, or enotes or just google it. btw, it's very true, as people are still searching for power, wisdom etc, and will do anything to get it (see ANYTHING ON THE NEWS), and themes include power, madness, appearances over reality/deception, good vs evil, nothing (as in the value of nothing), truth with motifs lyk sight and u shud probably, if possible anyway, mention the gloucester subplot, as its rich with human condition shit. anyway, good luck =]
btw, there's only one context, as in the feudal society of England 400 years ago. everything had an order, kind of how you eat things in an order, rather than a huge mess of goop. mayb that's just me. anyway, the order went as follows, roughly,
god, universe, king, royals, lords, upper class, middle class, lower class, animals, grass, soil, particles, molecules, atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, quarks, then, last but not least, yash.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lol go to spark, or enotes or just google it. btw, it's very true, as people are still searching for power, wisdom etc, and will do anything to get it (see ANYTHING ON THE NEWS), and themes include power, madness, appearances over reality/deception, good vs evil, nothing (as in the value of nothing), truth with motifs lyk sight and u shud probably, if possible anyway, mention the gloucester subplot, as its rich with human condition shit. anyway, good luck =]
btw, there's only one context, as in the feudal society of England 400 years ago. everything had an order, kind of how you eat things in an order, rather than a huge mess of goop. mayb that's just me. anyway, the order went as follows, roughly,
god, universe, king, royals, lords, upper class, middle class, lower class, animals, grass, soil, particles, molecules, atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, quarks, then, last but not least, yash.
You've forgotten positrons, neutrinos and many more in there...

Lol, you started off going down in social classes or hierarchical power... and then all of a sudden moved off onto a tangent getting smaller in particle size down to quarks... yash is small? Because quarks, electrons and atoms are much more fundamental to life than a King.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest becoming a Premium Member for the resources. I have seen a tiny bit which a friend of mine has had access to and the notes and ideas in the premium notes for lear are great.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I suggest becoming a Premium Member for the resources. I have seen a tiny bit which a friend of mine has had access to and the notes and ideas in the premium notes for lear are great.
Our Exam is tomorrow. It's too late now. He'll have to make do. But really, reading the play is great for knowing about it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Our Exam is tomorrow. It's too late now. He'll have to make do. But really, reading the play is great for knowing about it.
Well usually reading the text you're studying and analysing will help you write an essay about it.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Not necessarily. At this stage you'd probably be better trying to bs off the notes you have than attempting to make sense of it.

MaddiEcstatic

HSC
king lear's a lot like a soapie when you think about it
family feuds, revenge, backstabbing
the honest daughter banished, the father goes mad with the evil sisters
a lot of the characters seem like characatures
you could turn it into one of those creepy cartoons for kids as well

until they all die in the end
i'm not sure i'd let kids watch that

imnotwallace

HSC
umm retirement homes anyone? once we inherit from our folks, we disown them?
and what about Love triangles?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)