King Lear at Bondi Pavillion? (1 Viewer)

snowblack

bleh
HSC
spirit21 said:
fucking shit
went on thursday
biggest waste of $33 and a night
it was $33 ??? we only have to pay $22....weird...maybe they felt sorry for our school :p

rama_v said:
lol. btw the play finishes at 10:15 and dont bother driving there it costs like 15 dollars for parking so you will have to get someone to wait by the gate oustide to pick you up
$15 for the whole time or $15 per hour ?
well its shitehouse to pay that much anyway...ok maybe i' ll get someone to tape it or something :D

sweet_chick

HSC
well i liked it.

We went on tuesday the 10th. I thought it was good, more entertaining than the movies i've seen. The very first scene with Kent, Edmund and Glouster was confusing till i realized that he was playing both Kent and Edmund. The rest of my school didnt like it but most of them haven't read the book yet so didnt understand what was going on.

Have you checked out the website it explains why the director chose to do it the way he did

http://harlos.sitesuite.com.au/12550.html

Trev

stix
HSC
Our school is going to see it a week from now on saturday, travelling ~5 hours by coach to Sydney (from Port Macq.). Total waste of time in my opinion, so i'm not going as a result :p
Not wasting my whole saturday to fall asleep in yet another King Lear production!

rama_v

HSC
snowblack said:
it was $33 ??? we only have to pay $22....weird...maybe they felt sorry for our school :p

$15 for the whole time or $15 per hour ?
well its shitehouse to pay that much anyway...ok maybe i' ll get someone to tape it or something :D
I think its for the whole night $15 parking...

it cost us $22 to see the play i dunno why some people paid the adult price. But at least you get to see the beach

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
it sux if you live that far away from sydney. personally i live close enough to the city so i didnt really care. though i admit that i wasted a whole saturday attending that production which totally made me nod!
i was there to see what soem of the people in my class would say or do. i got my fair share of it :D one of my friends kept saying "mark mark" in a seagull voice and jsut the laughing in inappropriate places...meh

rama_v

HSC
Tuna said:
Any positive feed back?
Lighting was good music was pretty good too. It was well syncrhonised no one forogt their lines. But its such a small theatre

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
those chairs were uumm bouncy with uuumm very good support for uuuuummmm bouncing, sitting and otehr errrmmm purposes... :D

richz

Tuna said:
omg did you guys stay back and ask them questions?
nope, we didnt

joe_m_2000 said:
the chairs were good yeah
make sure u get one, my friend who came late had 2 sit on a plastic one lol

majority of people when i went fell asleep and woke up with thos damn monkeys and the drum in the storm scene
lol, u must have got the comfy ones, i had a freakin dodgy one :mad:

richz

Red Cordial said:
guys at least you dont miss the first state of origin to watch the play
haha :p dont go then... state of origin would be soo much better than it :uhhuh:

HayleeKate

HSC
indeed, im sure you can relate the origin to education somehow too, king lear was so shit i wouldnt say youre missing much. The state of origin now.. that could be like, a journey, as they players go through the stages of the game, both physical, and inner, like their mental states as the game progressess, whether theyre behind or infront.
The footy will be of more benefit to your english.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
bring condoms... i mean bring your lear play book thingy-ma-jig... :D

HayleeKate

HSC
yeah, as much as the chairs got hyped up for their springiness, i didnt find them that great.. maybe a blanket could help, can be chilli if its a windy night.. hell, why not stay home in bed?
unless youre bringing a date you wont need condoms.. the chick actors are really not that attractive!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
who said anything about the actors... yes bring the blanket as an addition :D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
the chic actors are ugly!
yep i agree. i'm suprised so many of you ppl went to the same play at bondi pavilion.. mmh i agree the seats were shithouse- thats why we got seats in the front row near the music playing guy.. those gong noises were louder than expected.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah I saw this last year and I didnt like it that much, I loved Queen Lere though that I saw last year, it was great, excepet for the omission of the fool, everytime we go to english someone brings that up and we end up talkin about it for half the lesson, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)