• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

King Lear at Bondi Pavillion? (2 Viewers)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm going to queen lear in the next couple of weeks. this is hopefully better... queen lear. chix! chix! chix! *goes on a sitrum rant*

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think it might be in the city somewhere. i'll probaly get reminded by my teacher next lesson.

rama_v

HSC
We are going to Queen lere in a couple of weeks. Its at erskinville (is that how you spell it? ) I think its near the city again :(

rama_v

HSC
Its in early June. Im not sure about the exact date I got to confirm that...ur probably lucky ur not going to it, lol someone from my school said it wasnt as good as the bondi one but i dunno it might be different this year

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Our grade is going to the bondi pavillion one next thursday :D

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
What day is queen lere showing
my school isnt taking us 4 that :(
they only took us to the crappy bondi one!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! the bondi one "harlos productions' was excelent, my whole year enjoyed it.....they made the mot boring play magical on stage....!!

snowblack

bleh
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! the bondi one "harlos productions' was excelent, my whole year enjoyed it.....they made the mot boring play magical on stage....!!
aww....now im torn between whether i shud go or not

madison00

HSC
yeah saturday would suck, but we get most of the day off so i guess i cant really complain... opporto sounds good though lol

HSC
hey im going next tuesday the 9th i think...is it tht boring....but even if it is doesnt it help u with king lear

rama_v

HSC
me_too_scared said:
hey im going next tuesday the 9th i think...is it tht boring....but even if it is doesnt it help u with king lear
No I didnt think it was that boring, and definitely it helps you with King LEar. Just dont rock up there without reading and uderstanding the play cause youll have no idea whos playin gwho, they juggle like 25 charcters with only 7 actors so one minute u see oswald and the next minute u see the fool played by the same actor

jessied

HSC
well after reading what everyone's said about it im not looking forward to travelling 10 hours each way on a train just to see it.... anyone else going this thursday night?

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah well out school only has like one class a year that does advanced so they needed more ppl to go so they could hire the bus so some ppl from year 11 went, yeah its like all the roles but a couple switched to male/female, it was awesome.

still waiting

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
R u serious?
yeah it was so boring
every1 from my school was falling asleep seriosly
we got woken up by the monkeys! and the drum in the storm scene! :chainsaw:
were u that school with the green school or the other one?
omg, thats so strange we were the other school lol, the monkey scene was just disturtbing though i liked the guy that played edmund but he was the only one, i thought it was ok but not for a hsc thing, the english teachers didnt like it so much they left at intermission and only one stayed!!

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I am going to the King Lear performance tomorrow how about anybody else

gosh

i went to watch King lear at Bondi last thursday as well. As much as wanted to like it, it ended up really crap. Really dissapointed at how boring and simple the production was. Was a real pain getting to Bondi and home too, especially at 10pm at night...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the play at bondi did make sense of the actual play but it did ge tboring at some parts. the monley scene, the clapping and the kissing... :p girl on girl oh yeh....

snoopy05

HSC
wrong_turn said:
the play at bondi did make sense of the actual play but it did ge tboring at some parts. the monley scene, the clapping and the kissing... :p girl on girl oh yeh....

girl on girl? there were no lesso kissing, were there? i dun think edmund is a girl, lol,

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh there was lesso kissing!! it was right after the kissing of edmond as well, or was it right before...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)