King Lear Half Yearly Exam Question (1 Viewer)

MiKeY

HSC
I had my English Paper 2 exam today, on King Lear.

I just want people's opinion on the question we got.

'The world of King Lear is one still pervaded by outrageous and preposterous extremeties, but it is not without redeeming elements that may rescue us from despair.
Discuss.

In your response also refer to how others have interpreted this aspect of the play, with particular attention to its representation in different contexts.'

Now... !^*@%!@)%*# was the first word outta my mouth when I read it.

What do you guys think?

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
i was gonna wait for people to reply, but yeah that quesiton is fucked and if i got it i would have panicked and died of death

2003HSCstudent

hey its not that hard

what are the outragous extemeties?

1)gloucester's blinding
2)Lear's rejection by Gon/Reg
3)Cordelia's rejection from Lear
4)Edmund's betrayal of his father

you can list a lot more too, since king lear is a damn sad story.

But what are the redeeming qualities?

1)the story may be argued to have a happy ending
2)Lear reunited with Cordelia
3)Gloucester died happy
4)Edmund killed, Gon/Reg killed
5)through all his suffering, lear managed to see the faults in his character/gained an understanding of the world.

well, i wont write yoru essay out for you but really just expand on points like that showing quotes, look at your marking critereia and use big words and you should get at least a band 5.

Lear isnt that hard is you read up a lot on the background and know your text. I have half yearlys for english tomorrow and Lear is where im looking to score the major points.

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by mlagana
i would have panicked and died of death
hehehe.. you would have 'died of death'... well.. yes, most people usually do die of death.. lol.. ;)

And yeh.. it was a crappy question.. I just wrote about how different interpretations, focus on different aspects of the play, which in turn acts as relief for the horrific aspects in the play, and that it takes focus away from the deaths.

All bull$hit.... *shrugs*...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)