King Lear... HELP ! (1 Viewer)

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
For our King Lear assessment, our teacher is going to spontaneously show a short extract of the 1987 verison of the King Lear. :eek:
We have to write an in-class essay about that particular scene including themes, dramatic effects etc etc...

Is there a particular scene/s that actually sticks out ?

of if anyone did an assessment like this.. what scene was shown to you ?

i really need help !?! :confused:

ITimber

HSC
hi,
I can't help you with that because I haven't seen that production of King Lear, but I wouldn't worry to much about that. I think the general idea is to get an understanding of the text and how it is presented through the language techniques used and also through the stage props and clothing etc etc in the film. So with out seeing the film you should be able to answer the question they give you, but making sure on the day you shape your pre-written essay so that it refers to the question.

maybe someone else can help out cos I'm not really sure...

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
We started watching that version in class today. It's a very "traditional" production, with the Celtic style costuming and setting, in pre-Roman Briton as shakespeare intended. Lawrence Olivier plays Lear, if u ask me he was really OTT. The production just has really traditional Shakeperian values, they havent tried to modernise it, or re-inteperet it very much.
As to which scenes stand out, i've only seen the love contest part in the first act so i couldnt be of help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)