KING LEAR HSC Revision Course (1 Viewer)

HSC
King Lear Trial Revision Course
Struggling with King Lear?!
This 4-hour session is a crash course in King Lear. It will go through all aspects of the play, readings, productions, language techniques, practice essay questions and exam technique. Summary booklet will be provided. 4-hour session costs only $90 (food + drinks provided ). If you're struggling with King Lear, or you don't know how to fit everything into the essay, or if you just want that extra edge, this session is for you. 95% of students that have attended this session have received Band 6 for King Lear in their Trials.

Two sessions ONLY, Tuesday 5th July, 9am-1pm, 3pm-7pm. Located in Ryde.

Proven results in King Lear, with 3 years tutoring experience. Book now: 0423 129 818, or neewig@hotmail.com, or PM for further information. If you want to know about my tutoring history or credentials, email or PM me.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
This sounds good
iv got legal from 9am-1:30pm though
i dont think ill be able to get from USYD to Ryde before 3 can I?
Actually i could
Id just be really buggered! :eek:

is it advisable to go 2 2 lectures in the same day?

or do i not need it...?
im going 4 the Edassist english lectures for BNW/BR, Lear and Frontline on friday anyway too..

richz

wow 95% students get band 6, is that just an exaggeration??

have any past hscers attended this course? if u have what do u think abot it??

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
to add a few more details... im not like a proper hsc coaching college or whatever. im just a 3rd yr uni student doin comm/law @ usyd.

but...over the past 2 yrs, ive tutored 20 students in king lear over the past 2 years, and 19 have gotten band 6 in their trials. not all of them have been great english students, but they do well in it basically becoz they know what to write, and they cover everything they need to, whereas everyone else is so confused that even if they are decent english students, they screw it up. thats really the key to doing well in lear - just covering everything u need to, and people screw up just becoz they dont what to focus on, and end up missing out a crucial part of the module.

basically, what i do is i give students a booklet. when i was in yr 12, i went to every revision course there was on king lear coz i was so damn confused about it, so ive taken the best parts of all the ones i went to, and added a whole heap of stuff myself. the booklet i provide has a short summary on each of the different components of lear - the text, language techniques, readings, production, devising your own production, quotes, etc... you cant memorise essays for lear, coz they cud test u on absolutely anything, so this booklet covers all the different aspects of the module. basically, i explain all the parts in the booklet - which takes about 3 hrs, and then for the last 1 hr, i go through all the styles of qns that ive collated over the past 4 yrs to see exactly what markers could ask.

neway... if u r interested, plz contact me soon.

reece123

HSC
Can i purchase the book and not go to the lecture?
how much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)