King Lear Production at Bondi!!!!! (1 Viewer)

TheKing

I saw it earlier this year and the gay Rugby player was in it, uh i think his name was Ian Roberts. otherwise it was pretty crap
maybe it was becuase i went to the opening night and they forgot or misread some key lines...

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
i tried hard not to fall asleep
i thought the whole japanese influence was strange,

i did like oswald, who was played by cordelia, who also played the fool.
The oriental theme I suppose was good for demonstrating the loss of Lears authority, but it really didn't do much for me. That girl was an excellent actress!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
so what was everyone wearing?
I assume you are refering to the cast and not the audience

well, the costumes were quite clever, as there were only seven actors who had to play multiple roles. They were wearing simple undershirts and trousers, but on top would be an oriental style reversible coat. When they wore it on one sided colour,or the other sided colour, or not at all, it would signify each of the different characters they played.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
I assume you are refering to the cast and not the audience

well, the costumes were quite clever, as there were only seven actors who had to play multiple roles. They were wearing simple undershirts and trousers, but on top would be an oriental style reversible coat. When they wore it on one sided colour,or the other sided colour, or not at all, it would signify each of the different characters they played.
nayh i meant audience :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by TheKing
I saw it earlier this year and the gay Rugby player was in it, uh i think his name was Ian Roberts. otherwise it was pretty crap
maybe it was becuase i went to the opening night and they forgot or misread some key lines...
Your thinking of a different production of Lear that was done at the same place. And your right, that one WAS pretty damn crap :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by janey18
Hey, don't wanna be a loser and repeat myself, but anyways, this is what i posted in another forum thingy bout the tempest production in bondi:

"yeah, this production was pretty good

you can apply to a modern/comtemporary, feminist reading -theres a few others brought up during in-class discussions, but um, im not actually using it cos its not really relevant to my readings (aristotelian and existentialist)

and there's a Q&A session after the play, where the director chick basicaly said its primary aimed at high school students -so i mean, its gotta be pretty relevant (but im not using it)

everyone were drooling over Edmund -he's alright, but after being stuck in that room for a few hours, and hes got these tight leather pants on -fair enough, pretty damn hot!

also, i had a chat with the old dude that plays Lear at the end,
what a champ!

Ian Roberts -his pants were way too tight !! stick to footy
mate!"
see above :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)