King Lear - READINGS!~ (1 Viewer)

Rookie.

I would like to know if we need to know any readings (e.g. Aristotilean reading, feminist reading) because my teacher has only taught us about three productions? :confused:

Any help would be really appreciated! thnx in advance!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
If you know your three productions in depth then you only need to have an idea on what a feminist reading or a aristoteilan reading is. For example you can go "The Bondi Production is a feminist reading of the play King Lear beacuse the woman are portrayed as more superior from the constumes they are wearing blah blah."
Understand? So don't worry about it Rookie. Just have some sort of understand of what 2-3 readings are and incorporate it into ur essay.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah that's right... and remember - it's not just about your readings and productions... you gotta know the play too! so make sure you include quotes or particular scenes!!

good luck guys!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
many productions can be read in multiple ways. it's one of the joys of stage productions - whatever you think can probably be adapted to the techniques applied by the producers, directors, and actors.

i'd say, have a basic understanding of the readings, understand how different characters can be portrayed or scenes can be directed in order to create different readings. then let loose. whee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)