King Lear Scenes?? (1 Viewer)

tinkerbell

Hey can anyone suggest specific scenes from king lear i could use??
My guess is that the question will ask u to refer to 2 or 3 scenes. i thought id do one from beginning,middle and end.
Act 1 sc1 but what others??? Please help! hehe thanks heaps xoxoxo

Alex

Yeah thats the general consensus. Do the first, last and one somewhere in the middle. I guess it makes the most sense, dont you?

bex

HSC
Depending on the readings you choose, different scenes will have different relevence... im doing a 1 sc 2 and a 3 sc 2

quartic

Originally posted by bex
Depending on the readings you choose, different scenes will have different relevence... im doing a 1 sc 2 and a 3 sc 2

Yes I like talking about those scenes too. I tend to follow the existentialist reading and bring up the theme of divine justace or a higher order (gods, nature or celestial spheres).

jane

i don't know if this is any help but we were specifically told by our two english teachers who are both HSC markers not to use scene 1 act 1 if we wanted to improve our chances of a good mark as supposedly most people chose it because it is the easiset.

bex

HSC
i do Existentialist too! and Christian readings as well...

quartic

Christian and existentialist readings are a good contrast and you can use most of the same scenes for them both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)