King Lear study (1 Viewer)

sergetheserb

HSC
I'm trying to study King Lear for the HSC trials, but i have no idea where to start or what i should be focusing on...........Has anyone got any suggestions?

mondoske

HSC
heres a suggestion - post in the allocated king lear forum and not in AOS........ newb.

HSC
mondoske said:
heres a suggestion - post in the allocated king lear forum and not in AOS........ newb.
Says you with 4 posts. Hehehe. :p Oh, and "newb" is spelt "n00b".

tigerian

HSC
N/A
mondoske said:

No let him post where he likes and ask the question wherever he likes. Put in the King Lear thread as well.

HSC
sergetheserb said:
I'm trying to study King Lear for the HSC trials, but i have no idea where to start or what i should be focusing on...........Has anyone got any suggestions?
Quotes, quotes, quotes.

yummaypho

HSC
hey sorry for the late reply but for king lear you have to write abt scenes and their integrity to be formed into productions.
eg. the very first scene with the love test. the original king lear showed the flaws within king lear.
then talk about why people changed it so in this case and many others you can say that since giving away his kingddom was against the divine rights of kings the audience found this scene outrageous. the reason for different productions is because shakespear had gone against the morals within society.
then you can talk abt different productions such as the reidhart prodcution where the throne was put in the middle to symbolise a patriarchal interpretation.

REMEMBER: don't just blabber on about the productions but instead the integrity of the text to be formed into different productions. i hope that helps ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)